Baby Showers

How many of u had wishing well?

Just curious. Thanks!
Dx Endometriosis & MTHFR (2) Mutations 1st IUI BFP!! Beta& Pro levels low taking Endometrin vaginal inserts & b/w every 2 days... 9/12/09 Spontaneous Miscarriage @ 5.5 weeks AF arrivied 10/11/09 (30 days after m/c) 2nd IUI 10/24/09 BFP!! 11/6/09 1st Beta 8, 2nd Beta 28 3rd beta 51, 4TH Beta 327! & 5th Beta 800 , 6th Beta 338 :(on Endometrin vaginal inserts 200 mg twice a day, 2nd M/C 11/25/09 Starting taking BA, 5mg Folic acid, b12 & b9 along with prenatal. Hopefully this will help! M/C 11/25/09 AF SHOWED 26 DAYS AFTER MC, 3RD IUI SCHEDULED FOR 1/4/10 GOD PLEASE GRANT ME MY WISH! 3RD IUI =BFN 4th IUI on 2/2/10 in the 2WW Please let this be it. Keeping fingers crossed. 2/16/10 = BFP! 1st Beta 146, 2nd Beta 510, 3rd Beta 1808 & Pro 35, 4th Beta 12,000 & Pro 28, 3/2/10 1st u/s poss 2 sacs 1 hb @ 117!!! yay! Praying this is our sticky baby! We love you Baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many of u had wishing well?

• I've never seen one at a shower.
  • Wishing well?? To put money in ou mean? I've only seen them at weddings & they are for cards & money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Usually you open gifts and cards at the shower, unlike a wedding. I've only heard of wishing wells for weddings. 
  • I've never seen one at a shower, people want to see you open gifts IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Didn't have one - never ever seen one at a shower. 
  • We had one at my bridal shower and everyone was invited to bring a cleaning product or paper product along to throw into the wishing well to help get us started. Let me tell you it was a godsend!

For our baby shower the host is planning to get the toy chest we want and have people bring something small to put in it. Not sure what she has decided on yet but again it's just something small to help us get started and normally it's only a couple bucks.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • To me this is along the same lines as asking someone to bring a book instead of a card or a package of diapers for a raffle.  People are coming to your shower and bringing a gift and that's not enough - you want 2 gifts.  If you want books register for them, if you want diapers or toys register for them.  Don't expect people to bring you 2 things. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No wishing well for us. I know these can be an East Coast thing...but here on the West Coast, they just do not happen at a bridal or baby shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • imagecutebride73:
    To me this is along the same lines as asking someone to bring a book instead of a card or a package of diapers for a raffle.  People are coming to your shower and bringing a gift and that's not enough - you want 2 gifts.  If you want books register for them, if you want diapers or toys register for them.  Don't expect people to bring you 2 things. 

This.

• imageInternetExplorer:
    Wishing wells are such a jersey thing...just don't

Umm...I'm going to take that comment as a compliment. Rolling eyes.....

Most of the time  wishing wells are done at wedding showers but I have seen them done, tastefully, at a baby shower. It's all in how the invitations are worded. And, it's up to the person attending the shower to decide whether or not they want to bring a little gift for the wishing well. Just because it says something in the invite about it, doesn't mean your guests have to.

• I don't see the point as others have said you will open your gifts there in front of your guests. I assume gifts would be placed on a table or the floor. If you are asking about a wishing well on top of the gifts you're receiving I think that is sooo tacky & looks greedy and gift-grabby.
  • I live in MI and have never heard of such a thing for a baby or bridal shower.  Only have I heard it mentioned here on the nest.  They DO have something similar at wedding receptions for guests to put cards in...if that is what you mean.
  • We always have them at our baby showers at work (I work in an elementary school and showers are given for first babies). Usually people contribute money to a group gift, and then there is a basket in the main office for a week leading up to the shower in case people find a cute outfit, book or some cheapish baby item. It's pretty harmless.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"