Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

seriously doc? vent

I went into my PCP today because I have been having pain in my right wrist since I was in the hospital three weeks ago. It is not getting better so I thought I should have him take a look. Well it turns out I have an infection and a possible blood clot in my vein that runs from my hand (where the IV was) through my arm.

Anyway, we are in the room

Doc: Why were you in the hospital?

Me: I had a miscarriage.

Then we go on and talk about my wrist and he diagnosis me etc.

When I leaving he starts to write a prescription and wanted to verify my medication and anything else.

Doc: You're only on birth control?

Me: Yes.

Doc: Is there a change you could be pregnant?

Me: No

Doc: When was your last menstraul cycle?

Me: May 2

Doc: Are you sure you're not pregnant?

Me: No, I just had a miscarriage... it would be rather impossible at the moment.

Doc: Well, don't forget to use a back up method like a condom because an antibiotic can lessen the effects of birth control.

Me: Okay.

Seriously Doc? I told you in the office I had a miscarriage and that was why I was in the hopsital three weeks ago. NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE I AM PREGNANT!

Vent Over.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: seriously doc? vent

• Options
    Sometimes I really wonder about doctors....
  • Options

I dont know why some doctors became docs. in the first place! If your not going to be nice and comfort me and make me believe you know what the hell your doing then stop being a doctor and do something else!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry your dr was an idiot.. i know its hard saying it once but having to repeat your self is like a knife in the heart...
  • Options

I know it hurt like hell to have to keep repeating this to your doctor.. but all I could do reading your post was sort of smile (just because they are so whatever) and shake my head.  I swear doctors sometimes have their heads in the clouds. 

I am sorry your feelings were hurt and I hope the day does get better...  

BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
  • Options
    they can't just take 30 seconds and look over paperwork or even remember something you just told them?!? Drives me insane...i'm so sorry you had to go through that:( Big Hugs
    So excited for our little blessing:)
  • Options
    imagelrachelle80:

Indifferent

That is all.

Exactly.  So sorry!

• Options
    I wish sometimes dr's and nurses would pay more attention to what we tell them and whats in our charts.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

Yeah. This reminds me of being in pre-op for my D&C, and having the radiology tech ask me THREE times before my chest xray if I was sure I'm not pregnant.

Sweet lord I wanted to strangle that woman.

• Options

Yeah. This reminds me of being in pre-op for my D&C, and having the radiology tech ask me THREE times before my chest xray if I was sure I'm not pregnant.

Sweet lord I wanted to strangle that woman.

Sorry for the experience, and also sorry to hear about that wrist infection! Ouch!

• Options

Wow...so sorry that you had to repeat it over and over.  And of course he didn't offer you any sympathy....awesome.

You just have to shake your head and laugh. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"