Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C only option?

I haven't been seen by my OB yet, but think that I am having a miscarriage. I put in a phone call a few hours ago and I am waiting to hear back. My first check up and u/s is scheduled for August 11th. 

Is a D&C the only option or can I just let it all happen naturally?

Thanks.

Re: D&C only option?

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss.  You Dr. will advise you based on your particular circumstances, but the 3 options described by the PP are generally what you're looking at. 

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Everything Irachelle said is what I would say..i'm so sorry you have to be here, but we are all here for you and know what you're feeling:(  HUGE HUGS
    So excited for our little blessing:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is ultimately your decision but the doctor may have strong recommendations based on your personal health and medical history.  I am so sorry you are here. =(
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies - I finally spoke to the nurse and she didn't seem overly concerend, but I still don't feel right. The bleeding hasn't stopped... the game plan as of now is to go in tomorrow for an ultrasound and asses the situation.
  • Options

The ladies above described your options.  Usually your doctor will give you time to research each option before you make a decision unless they deem it more of an emergency.

Let us know if you need help navigating the murky waters...most of us have experienced one or more of the m/c options.

Good luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"