Pre-School and Daycare

DD tore her frenulum

DD was playing outside and pushing her lawn mower...she ended up falling over and cried (she always cries when she falls).  There was a little blood in her mouth, but I thought she just cut her lip.  So the kids got their pjs on, brushed their teeth, and I put them to bed around 8pm.  About 11 I went in to check on them before I went to sleep.  Well there was blood ALL over DD's sheets and pillow.  I was freaked out!!  Her mouth was covered in blood.  I got her out of bed and cleaned her up, and all she wanted to do was go back to sleep.  I figured she tore the frenulum (the muscle that connects your upper lip to your gums).  I looked it up online and it said it bloods A LOT when it tears, but there is nothing you can do about. 

SIL was going to the dentist in the morning and took her with her just to make sure everything was ok.  The dentist agreed that is what happened, her gums are a little swollen, but her teeth are fine.  But the dentist gave her the cutest little thing, a boo boo bunny.  It looks like this....

You put an ice cube in its belly.  Someone at the office makes them.  It is so cute!!  We have the greatest dentist....she saw DD's lip even though she isn't a patient, and they sent us a plant when DH's dad passed away last month.  

Re: DD tore her frenulum

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"