Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Another pizza crust question

So I've made PW's pizza crust several times, but often have to save half of it in the fridge (which she says you can do, and says it's actually better a few days later). BUT when I make the refrigerated portion, the dough always make a much smaller pizza.

Am I supposed to let the dough come back to room temp? Rise again covered with a wet towel?

Also, when I'm stretching out the dough, I always get a bunch holes in it. I just gently stretch it with my hands. Is there a better way?

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another pizza crust question

• Options

I haven't made PW's, but I let mine sit for about an hour out of the fridge so it can rise again.  I usually "press" out instead of stretch, if that makes sense. 

• Options
    I've never made pizza crust before but I was just going to press it out with my fingers to try to avoid holes. What kind of pizza are you making? I'm going to make the bbq chicken pizza, without the red onions. I'm excited.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageyellalakes:
    I've never made pizza crust before but I was just going to press it out with my fingers to try to avoid holes. What kind of pizza are you making? I'm going to make the bbq chicken pizza, without the red onions. I'm excited.

That is so yummy. I just chop up green onions and sprinkle them on top rather than the onions, which I thought were a little overpowering. The cilantro at the end is essential, too. I hope you enjoyed it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"