Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone have pain when sneezing while pg?

During week 3 I sneezed and I felt my stomach muscles contracting which continued throughout my time being pregnant.  I also was spotting on & off from week 4 on.  My doctor summed it up to RLP & implantation bleeding.  I literally hated sneezing bc it made me feel like something was wrong.  I was just wondering if the sneezing pain was felt by anyone else.

(We're going to TTC again in about 2-3 weeks so I am nervous about it happenning again & if there is a connection with miscarriage.)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.

Re: Anyone have pain when sneezing while pg?

• I highly doubt it...GL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Honestly, I wouldn't worry about sneezing.  With J and Hannah, I didn't have any spotting at all, and I would have such cramps that I thought sure that it was a precursor to something horrible about to happen.  Once the first tri was over, the cramps seemed to ease up alot.   I know you're going to worry the whole time you're pregnant next time, but sneezing won't cause a miscarriage.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm sure I'll worry all the time.  I know sneezing won't *cause* a miscarriage, but I was wondering if the cramping feeling was brought on by the sneeze.  Every time I did, my muscles would tighten and relax about 3 times.  Weird, I know, but no one ever heard of it when I mentioned it.

I guess it's my nerves coming out now.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • There is a great need to give a why to what happened, so we magnify little things that would have otherwise been unremarkable.  If you're very worried, talk to a doctor.  Sorry for your loss.
  • Every pregnant woman on the planet has some pain when she sneezes, in varying degrees of severity.
  • Thanks ladies.  I am just worried about sneezing next time with that feeling and worrying that the worst will happen again.  I'll cross that bridge when I get there.  I guess thinking about this is my outlet for my nerves.
  • Is it possible to just tell yourself not to sneeze? 

Hehe.  If it were only that easy.  Wink

• Well, you know what they say, there are no stupid questions.

Except this one. This one is really, really stupid. 

• Haha, LuckyMrs.  I tried so hard not to when I was pregnant because I hated the feeling.

As to Colinda: I think everyone's entitled one at one point or another.  It was just a curiosity bc not one person who I mentioned it to had it and it was really strange.  I didn't know if it was my body or a sign that something had been wrong early on.

• What you were feeling was probably round ligament pain.  It's caused by the ligaments in your uterus stretching.  It's completely normal and had nothing to do with your loss.  I felt it all. the. time. in my pregnancy with my daughter, who was born at term and healthy.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"