D.C. Area Babies
Options

Meeting with potential DCP - bring the baby?

Clearly, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm setting up a meeting with a potential DCP. Would it be weird to bring C? On one hand, I would really like to see how he reacts to the place and people (and how they react to him). On the other hand, he'd be a big distraction from the questions I have and he'd be a strange kid with unknown vaccination history to them.

I just emailed the lady back and specifically asked, but I'm wondering how it's normally done? 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Meeting with potential DCP - bring the baby?

• Options
    I brought DD with me to all of my interviews.  I really didn't have another option childcare wise but it wasn't a problem and I got to see how the DCP handled/interacted with her. 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm not the right person to answer this question since my mom watches my kids while I work so I never interviewed anyone, but I'd absolutely want to bring the baby to see how DCP interacts with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I obviously have no experience with this yet -- by necessity, I've had to visit potential DCPs without the baby thus far -- but if I had the opportunity, I think I'd want to see how the baby reacts to the daycare provider and vice versa. I guess another option is to go by yourself, and then if you're 99% sure you've found the right place, try to go back a second time with C. But that seems much more complicated.
  • Options
    Thanks! She just responded back to absolutely bring him, she would love to meet him. Yay! Please cross your fingers that this works out - I'm getting really good vibes from this lady : )
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
  • Options
    I did not for the first meeting.  It was easier for me to go in and get a good look at everything and ask questions without DS.  After I found a woman I really liked I went back with DS during the other childrens nap time and she spend time with DS while I watched them interact.  Then I brought him back again while all of the children were awake.  I stayed for about an hour then left for an hour.  He did great, she did great and I loved our woman.  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good vibes are a good thing, good luck!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    We brought Maggie with us when looking and yay for good vibes - hope it works out.
  • Options

imageArtslvr:
    Good vibes are a good thing, good luck!!

Definitely this!  Hopefully she and C will click and everything will work out :) 

imageimageimage
  • Options

Me, J, and G all went together...

I think it was definitely a benefit to bring J... she was a teeny-tiny baby at the time, but she seemed most comfortable with the DCP we chose.  

Bringing G was a help, too - because it was two sets of eyes, and we could both ask questions (while still keeping an eye on J)

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I brought DS with me and I'm glad I did.  I was able to see how our DCP interacted with him and how he felt about her.
  • Options
    I am a daycare provider in our home. I prefer to meet the parents alone the first time, so I can really get to know the parent/s and give 100% of myself to answering their questions. I do like to meet the child prior to signing a contract on a second visit. I never do initial interviews during daycare hours for safety and security reasons. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"