Military Families

Hello!

Well my SO has decided on going into the military. He isn't 100% sure yet if he wants to do the Navy or Army yet but we are supposed to go talk to a recruiter on one of his days off.

I have no idea what to expect. He is trying to get stationed at a base out in FL though because that's where we want to raise our little girl and that's where we're trying to move. I'm not sure if it will happen but we can always hope right? 

Re: Hello!

• Go talk to all the recruiters.  It is actually pretty difficult to get into all branches right now.  The military is one of the only stable jobs around, and people are flocking to it.  This could be a pretty long process for y'all. 

Also, the vast majority of people in the military move every 2-3 years.  Even if you do get lucky enough to get a base on your wish list, you will be moving in a few years.  It could be more than that. 

Good luck with everything.  Ask a ton of questions when you go see the recruiters.  Come back here and ask any questions your have.  Also, there is a buton in my siggy that will link you to an FAQ page.  There is a ton of info there that you may find helpfull.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:

Go talk to all the recruiters.  It is actually pretty difficult to get into all branches right now.  The military is one of the only stable jobs around, and people are flocking to it.  This could be a pretty long process for y'all. 

Also, the vast majority of people in the military move every 2-3 years.  Even if you do get lucky enough to get a base on your wish list, you will be moving in a few years.  It could be more than that. 

Good luck with everything.  Ask a ton of questions when you go see the recruiters.  Come back here and ask any questions your have.  Also, there is a buton in my siggy that will link you to an FAQ page.  There is a ton of info there that you may find helpfull.

Alright thanks! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"