Baby Showers

Register at one or two stores?

I am not sure if I should just register at one of two.  I am between Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby.  There is a BBB opening in October and I heard great things from there even though I have never been. Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Register at one or two stores?

• We don't have BBB but I did register at two. I registered at BRU because they had more of the stuff I wanted and I registered at Target because it was so much more convienient for a lot of my guests. I think as long as you have a good mix of items on both that registering at two places is fine.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Where do most of your guests live? Is there a BBB near them? You could register at both places, but it would be real hard to monitor what items were bought from which registry and making sure that you do not have anything on both registries...I had 2 registries...1 at BRU and one with only books at Target.
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our BBB just opened about 6 months ago. I LOVE IT! We ended up doing our main registry there and did a smaller one at BRU, plus BRU had a couple of items that I wanted that BBB didn't have.

I think it is good to have two because it gives people an option of where to shop.  But I also think that 3 is pushing it and more than 3 is too much.

• If you are planning on registering at only BBB or BRU, I would suggest registering with either Target or Wal-Mart, too. They're just as well or better known, with usually cheaper prices, too. I registered at Target and BRU. No one got anything off the BRU registry and a tonnnn of stuff was bought off the Target one. BBB isn't too common in some areas, the closest to me is two hours away. I don't think three is too much, especially if your main two are BBB and BRU.
  • Our local Target has a very small baby section so I would never consider registering there.

We're just going to stick with BabiesRUs.  

• BBB is a really good store, but their locations seem to be limited to the tri-state area.

I'm registering for most of our stuff at BRU and then I have another on-line registry on Amazon for some things that I can't get at BRU.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"