Alabama Babies

Baby-Monitor-Palooza

There are so many from which to choose! Please give me some tips on selecting a baby monitor.  Pros/Cons of the monitor that you have for LO(s) will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, mamas J

Re: Baby-Monitor-Palooza

• We have an angelcare monitor, but I can't give you any real feedback on it since Madeline hasn't slept in her crib yet Embarrassed.  My sister in law has used hers with my nephew for 2+ years and swears by it, though.

P.S. - did you get my PM back?

• We have the Sony BabyCall and love it!  We use it every single day/night...ever since she went in her crib at 7 weeks.  We have never had an issue with interference or anything.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Sony Baby Call, too, but I hate it.  We have tried liked 30 channel combos and still get interference. I was really disappointed in it :(
  • We have a Safety 1st video monitor.  I love being able to see him!

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Nursery-Monitor-System/dp/B00005BSXI

Ours was handed down to us by my aunt and uncle :)

• We have a Summer Infant Day/Night Video Monitor and I love it!  BRU sells them, but we got ours on Amazon and I think they are a little different.  I believe the one I have has a larger monitor than the one from BRU.  The thing I love about it is, of course, that you can see the baby even when their room is dark, but also that the video part is a handheld device that you can easily carry from room to room.  Love that thing!  Still use it with Caleb actually and I'm going to use it with Lanie when she is born. 
  • We have the Sony Baby Call as well and I loved it at first, but here lately it is like it's possessed or something and the range alarm will just start randomly beeping when it's on my nightstand which trust me is well within range of the base.  Drives me crazy especially when it does it in the middle of the night. Can't figure out why the heck it's doing it.  

• imageSeasideBride06:
    We have the Sony BabyCall and love it!  

We bought this monitor as well.  THis is the one that was recommended to me by several people.  I will know if I like it or not in a couple more weeks.  lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestar21gazer:

We have the Sony Baby Call as well and I loved it at first, but here lately it is like it's possessed or something and the range alarm will just start randomly beeping when it's on my nightstand which trust me is well within range of the base.  Drives me crazy especially when it does it in the middle of the night. Can't figure out why the heck it's doing it.  

It does that for us, too.  Drives me up the wall...especially when James is having a good night sleeping!  We registered for the dang thing because it had such good reviews and Baby bargains said it was good if you have a lot of electronics or live in a small space (we were still in our townhouse when James was born)...just hasn't worked well for us!

• imageSoon2BMrsWiley:
    imagestar21gazer:

We have the Sony Baby Call as well and I loved it at first, but here lately it is like it's possessed or something and the range alarm will just start randomly beeping when it's on my nightstand which trust me is well within range of the base.  Drives me crazy especially when it does it in the middle of the night. Can't figure out why the heck it's doing it.  

It does that for us, too.  Drives me up the wall...especially when James is having a good night sleeping!  We registered for the dang thing because it had such good reviews and Baby bargains said it was good if you have a lot of electronics or live in a small space (we were still in our townhouse when James was born)...just hasn't worked well for us!

The only thing that ever makes ours beep or make a weird sound is if we have one of our cell phones laying to close to it.  If we move our phone over it stops.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• imageSeasideBride06:
    imageSoon2BMrsWiley:
    imagestar21gazer:

The only thing that ever makes ours beep or make a weird sound is if we have one of our cell phones laying to close to it.  If we move our phone over it stops.

I wish I could figure out why it does it.  My cell phone stays in my purse and Wes' is on his own night stand on the other side of the bed so I don't think that is why ours is doing it.  

Amy that's why we bought ours...because of the reviews and the fact it said it get little to no interference with other electronics.  Oh well.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"