Preemies
Options

Baby comming about a month early.

I have started to show that labor is on its way. My cervix is thinning out, loosing Mucas plugs and general cramps and contractions. I am 36 weeks today. A few days ago doctor said it could be any time now and my general discomfort, cramps, contractions are getting worse.  I am trying not to stress and trying to enjoy the experience. Anyone have a similar situation to me. Was the baby healthy, what complications should I be concerned about? Doctors don't seem concerend and any advice I have gotten so far is that I want her to stay in as long as possible. This I know. I have read and researched but its comforting to hear from other mommies. TIA 

Re: Baby comming about a month early.

• Options
    Just keep thinking..."6 more days and she'll be full term!" Your LO most likely will not have any problems, but you never know. One problem you may experience is a really sleepy baby and this can cause some feeding issues. My DS was born at 35 weeks 2 days and his only problems were jaundice and a poor latch. He was delivered because of IUGR, interuterine growth restriction, so we knew he was going to be small. Despite that, he came home the day after me. He has caught up on everything and I usually forget that he was a preemie.
  • Options
    First, I am glad that you are trying to relax and enjoy the moment.  It's hard to do when there is so much to think about, especially with a little early bird.  My DS arrived at 35 weeks and 6 days and had just 5 days in the Special Care Nursery.  He was also a sleepy feeder, and he had jaundice.  36 weeks is a great place to be with very few foreseeable complications.  Best wishes to you.  Take one day at a time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was born at 36w4d. He did not require any NICU time and came home with us. The only problems were that he had to go under the lights a few times to regulate his temperature and he was slightly jaundice- which cleared up within a week after he was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Mine was born at 35 weeks on the dot, no NICU time, no jaundice, no temp issues and she came home with us after two  days.  The only problems/issues we have had have been related to sleepy baby and feeding issues.  But she has gone from 4 lbs 10 oz at her first doctor's appointment to 9 lbs 10 oz yesterday!  So growth is good, I'm sure if you have any problems they will be general baby issues and not necessarily those related to pre term birth.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"