Boston Babies
Options

Day Care/Nanny rates for South Shore?

I'm not due till January but we're starting to think about child care.  We have an 8 yr old and will need before/after care for him as well as care for the baby...

Does anyone have suggestions for child care in and around the Plymouth area?  What do people usually pay per hour for a nanny?

Any feedback would be great!!! Thanks!

Re: Day Care/Nanny rates for South Shore?

• Options

Hi, I'm also in Plymouth and have two kids.  W/regards to your 8 yr. old - does his school offer before/after school care?  The Old Colony Y was at the Expo at the Jungleplex back in April, and the rep there told me about their before/after school program.  The woman told me they have a program at West Elementary, and other schools (I was mainly concerned re: West, as my DD will be going to school there) but that could be an option.

For the baby, I am just starting to look into those type of options myslef - I know there's a Kindercare in Plymouth (by Exit 6), there's also a place in the Ponds if you're in that part of Plymouth.  I'm sure there are more, and sorry I'm not more help!  The Plymouth Family Network may be a good source of help, to find out where to find listings of child care options.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Thanks for responding!  My son actually went to the before/after care program at Nathaniel Morton.  I feel the program as a whole is great but the turnover was crazy...every few months it seemed like they had a different person in there which I wasn't so enthused about...maybe it is different at the other schools but I never really knew who would be there in the mornings/afternoons and a lot of the time when I dropped him off we didn't even get a good morning from the staff...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yikes!  That's good to know, though.  Makes me NOT want to go back to work ever! Smile

I used to work in a daycare, so I'm very picky about stuff like that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    So did I :)  
  • Options
    My most recent job before being laid off was a full time professional nanny for a family with 4 young children in Bridgewater, so it's a similar nice town, only a short distance apart.  For four children I made $20/hr.  Generally, for a professional nanny, you shouldn't expect to pay less than $15 an hour and also give some benefits such as paid time off, some holidays with pay, and some sick time.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options

$15/hr minimum? I'd be willing to do sick and vacation time but what if we're not expecting the person to do housework, etc. but just care for the kids...one who is in school full days?

I obviously want someone wonderful to watch the kids but I guess I was thinking more along the lines of $12+...ugh....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"