Secondary IF

Lap surgery (long)

Hello ladies.  I have not been on in a while since the only time I have to get on is usually at work but work has been crazy busy lately.  But I have been thinking about yall and cant wait to get caught up on what is going on with everyone.

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and just went for post-op appointment yesterday.  This is what he found:  I had 2 fibroids removed (one was the size of a golf ball and the other smaller).  The one that was golf ball sized was on the back wall of my uterus so he feels like there is a good chance that was my problem.  Also, there was a fair amount of scarring from c-section and evidence of a mild endometriosis.  And while doing the procedure he did a HSG (i have had 2 prior that were good) but this time my left tube was not filling.  He found that my left tube had attached to my uterus!  So he fixed that up and says to wait until I get next period and we will start back up with Femara alone for 2 months.  I am cautiously excited.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Lap surgery (long)

• Glad your lap went well and that he was able to fix you up! Both of my ovaries were attached to my pelvis. Weird how things just bind to one another...

Fingers crossed that this and the Femara will do the trick!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Soon2beMrs.:  Thanks for responding!  Did your dr. say that endo was probably to blame for your ovaries being attached to your uterus? 

• Sounds like god news that he was able to "fix" things.  My experience was similar to yours: I had fibroids removed and he found "a touch" of endometriosis.  I got pg with DS the 2nd cycle after the surgery, no meds.  GL! GL! GL!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Nope. He said there was no sign of endo.
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That's awesome Queenbone.  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"