Baby Showers
Options

guestlist and hostess question

A friend of mine just had a little mishap at her co-ed shower.  A couple that are mutual friends did not attend and we found it strange.  Later, the couple informed me that they did not receive an invitation.  I told them to talk to the mommy-to-be and it was all just a big misunderstanding - the hostess missed them on the guestlist and did not send them an invitation.  

Keeping this in mind, I looked over the invitations before my hostess sent them out.  I didn't want to micromanage them so I just mentioned that I wanted to double-check if I included everyone.  Now, I'm wondering what happens if they get lost in the mail, if an address was misprinted, etc.  I honestly wouldn't have thought of these things if it wasn't for what just occurred at my friend's shower.  Should I get involved with the rsvp's to avoid any misunderstandings or at least ask my hostesses how that's coming along?   

Re: guestlist and hostess question

• Options

I NEVER thought about that being a problem!!!

I would say that anyone should have good communication with their hostess.  I asked about RSVPs after a few weeks.  When the RSVP deadline passed, my hostess asked for email/phone #s for those who didn't RSVP.  I, then, asked about anyone who supposedly had RSVP'd.  That was good enough for me to know if they had received an invite.

I can't imagine how a hostess skips someone on a list, but I guess it can happen...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sure, when you get real close, you could ask your hostess "Who's RSVP'd?" and see who may be missing. But other than that, stay out of it.  I really dont' think this is a common occurence that now demands the involvement of the mom-to-be! 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Let your hostess manage the RSVPs, it's her duty.  Yours is to show up as the guest of honor.

It's perfectly okay to ask your hostess who has RSVP'd (by the date) and then ask her if you would like to follow up or if she is going to follow up. 

• Options
    imageK.a.T.e:

Let your hostess manage the RSVPs, it's her duty.  Yours is to show up as the guest of honor.

It's perfectly okay to ask your hostess who has RSVP'd (by the date) and then ask her if you would like to follow up or if she is going to follow up. 

ITA - leave it up to the hostes!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageK.a.T.e:

ITA - leave it up to the hostes!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it is totally ok to ask after a period of time how the RSVP's are going. If there are people who have not RSVPed that you are sure is an error then have someone contact them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it would be find to check in a couple of times and see who has RSVPed.  I wouldn't be offended if I were the hostess and the mom-to-be wanted to know.  No big deal!
  • Options
    I was thinking of this very thing for my upcoming showers! I am blessed to have two showers (one back in my hometown, the other in our new hometown). One hostess (my maid of honor for my wedding last year) had somehow skipped family members for my bridal shower. And didn't think to ask why didn't I include them (I had, with addresses, but somehow she never saw them). Now that she's one of the godmothers to our baby, I'm wondering about the shower (and she guarantees there will be plenty of pink even though that's one of my least favorite colors). Our other shower hostess (and other godmother) has her list and has chosen the date and has asked if there is anything I want especially for the shower. I don't have to worry about her and RSVPs. I was wondering (in regards to the first hostess) when is a good time to follow up about the details? I really want my family to be present at this one since they missed the bridal shower (and were hurt by that fact). Should I just let it be and be grateful?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"