Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anyone use ebay to sell things?

I have never used ebay, craig's list, or anything else.  I am thinking about selling at least one of our infant carseats and maybe some other things we just don't need to have two of anymore.  I just signed up for an ebay account, but am a bit intimidated to get started.  Does anyone do this and if so, do you have an pointers/suggestions?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone use ebay to sell things?

• Options

I started about six months ago selling on ebay.  Nothing big, just little stuff that we don't need anymore.  You can research how much an item sold for and to gauge how much you will get for it.  For most things I would start a low asking price to generate more bids.  For shipping...I bought a scale from the post office so I was able to know how much it would cost.  I also pre-printed the postage and that saves some money plus you don't have to deal with going to the post office.  I found a lot of packing materials at the $1 store.

For heavier things I typically sell them on craigslist because no one wants to pay for how much the shipping would be.  I don't know your experinece but I have found on craigslist that everyone wants things for nothing.  So I either start asking a lot higher of what I really want or you just have to be firm on your price.

I am also consigned stuff at the children's consingment store.  Hope this helps.

• Options

Craigslist is great for selling things locally - I don't but my husband does sell things on the net - He said that selling on Amazon is much better, nowadays, than selling on Ebay.

I guess some of Ebay's policies have changed and they have become a PITA to use.  For example - If you are starting out with a new account (have less than 100 feedback entries), when you sell something, you don't get the money for it for, like, 21 days after the buyer receives it or something ridiculous like that.

Amazon charges a bit more (not much) but they make things much easier for the seller. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sell on both ebay and craiglist regularly, and I would highly suggest using craigslist for larger items. Shipping large items, like an infant carseat is such a PITA.
  • Options
    thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"