Special Needs
Options

what was your childs apgar score?

what was your childs apgar score?

Mine was 7,8

Re: what was your childs apgar score?

• Options

Ummm, can I ask why you are curious?

Seems like an odd question to ask for this board.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    I asked bc we met with the nuero muscular drs and he asked me about my daughters birth...It just made me wonder about her scores,,,Why is that weird to ask on this board? My daughter has low muscle tone...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmm, I can't remember. I would not worry too much about the particular number. That said, I know I tended to fixate on every fact I could grab onto for the first 6 months of having a "baby with mysterious issues", though. It's hard not to!

My guy has low tone, too. Do you guys go to PT?

• Options
    I think that CHOP is doing to you what they did to us and making you do the run around.  The only doctor who asked about the boys' APGAR scores were the developmental ped. 
  • Options
    yes, she gets pt, ot. di, and speech..what drs have you seen for the low tone?
  • Options

To my knowledge he didn't get any apgar score. We knew of his diagnosis before birth and we knew he would have breathing problems from his heart defect. They were just focused on stabilizing him and getting him to the NICU. It's funny what becomes important in a medical emergency...definitely not a score or even a birth weight for that matter (well at least not until later).

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    9,9  and unfortunately this number tells nothing.
  • Options

My son's was zero.  He wasn't breathing, moving, crying.  He was blue and they had to intubate him. 

Not a fun time..........

• Options
    imageCnAmom:

FWIW, I don't think their Apgar scores have any bearing on the issues they have now.

this.

Nate's were 5 & 7. He was a c-section labor failed to progress(1.5 centimeters dilated) with pitocin and ruptured membranes for 30 hours. I would think that the circumstances of the birth should be considered when you ask this question because they can/will contribute to APGAR.

Your question just seemd a bit random to me. Auntie explained it well (of course!)

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    9,10. We had a perfect delivery (3 days of labor though, but who is counting). Was not predictive of what happened later. But yes, pretty much all of our doctors asked me that.
  • Options

My son's dev pedi cared too.  I had a difficult pregnancy, was induced at 38 weeks even for low amniotic fluid.  The induction lasted 80 hours, followed by a cesarean for failure to progress (never made it past 1.5 cm dilated).  DS was wrapped back pack style in his umbilical cord and it was short, thus preventing vaginal birth.

His apgars were 8,9.  He came out pink and screaming but needed oxygen.

He had and has motor planning issues and had delayed speech though no one ever mentioned they thought it related to his birth, I have my suspicions.

• Options

My sons were 1&2 or 2&3 it depends on if you ask me or DH. He has SPD, a ton of delays and other medical issues. I have always been asked when ever he has an eval about my pregnancy and his birth. I had a c-section at 35 weeks due to complete breach after my Pprom. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"