Maryland Babies
Options

Childcare in Odenton area

Hey everyone, now that I'm out of the first trimester and well into the second, I'm beginning to look for child care.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Any would be great.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Childcare in Odenton area

• Options
    Are you looking for the Ft. Meade area?  I live in Crofton and our LO goes to a center in Gambrills and I called pretty much all of the centers in that area.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also live in Crofton, but have been looking into "at home" daycares.  Where in Gambrills do you take your LO?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He goes to Kinder Care off route 3.  We absolutely love it, I feel completely comfortable leaving him in their care.  I interviewed a few in homes, but didnt' really like any of them and felt iffy about in home to begin with, but all the centers I called (when I was about 25 weeks) had waiting lists at the time.  Kinder Care called 2 weeks before he was born to say they had an opening.  Beaver Creek also called a week before he was born to say they had an infant opening.  I worked at Beaver Creek in HS (granted that was over 10 years ago), but I think they are still owned by the same lady and I would have been comfortable sending J there too.
  • Options
    I am a teacher (at Crofton Meadows) and nanny in Chapman farms.  The little girl I nanny for went to Beaver Creek for preschool and kindergarten.  I think its nice there, but there was always a lot of diaper smell and sickness (which I know comes with any daycare).  We are also cloth diapering so it is easier to get an at home to take LO when she is born rather looking at a large center.  But I totally forgot that Kinder Care was right around the corner.  
  • Options
    I don't notice any kind of smell at Kindercare, but then again once you have a baby your house has that diaper smell so I must be desensitized to it.  As far as sickness, it sucks and no one wants to see their LO sick, but the earlier your kid is exposed to germs the stronger their immune system is going to be.  I also like the oversight you get from a center that you can't get in home.  There aren't any TV's in the center, so I know they can't just plop my kid down in front of one for hours on end and I know that having muliple staff memebers around makes them all more accountable for their actions.  I think some centers will also work with you if you CD, if you set some kind of plan of action up with them beforehand. And the women in the infant room seriously care about J, I have long conversations with them everyday about his developments, if his napping schedule changes, and they really know his personality.  And of course this is just my own experience, but I called 3 or 4 in home providers and they all were very curt on the phone, and the one I met with and said she had an opening totally flaked on us a month later and all of a sudden didn't know if she was going to have an opening or not.
  • Options

imageCooper81:
    I don't notice any kind of smell at Kindercare, but then again once you have a baby your house has that diaper smell so I must be desensitized to it.  As far as sickness, it sucks and no one wants to see their LO sick, but the earlier your kid is exposed to germs the stronger their immune system is going to be.  I also like the oversight you get from a center that you can't get in home.  There aren't any TV's in the center, so I know they can't just plop my kid down in front of one for hours on end and I know that having muliple staff memebers around makes them all more accountable for their actions.  I think some centers will also work with you if you CD, if you set some kind of plan of action up with them beforehand. And the women in the infant room seriously care about J, I have long conversations with them everyday about his developments, if his napping schedule changes, and they really know his personality.  And of course this is just my own experience, but I called 3 or 4 in home providers and they all were very curt on the phone, and the one I met with and said she had an opening totally flaked on us a month later and all of a sudden didn't know if she was going to have an opening or not.

I ditto all of this. My LO goes to a center in Crownsville and he is very happy there. Let me know if you would like more info.

The searching is so stressful, God I remember wanting to cry over it. I was looking into in-homes and centers in the beginning but to be honest was not impressed with any of the in-home providers in our area that I spoke to on the phone or visited. Some were just downright rude to me, and one was so filthy and disgusting I swear I had nightmares about her home where I had to send LO there because there were no other openings.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been getting really frustrated over this.  People haven't called me back, been unavailable, etc.  I talked to a center in Piney Orchard and was impressed.  We're looking anywhere around Ft. Meade/Odenton/Gambrills.  I've never heard of Beaver Creek.  Do they take infants?  Rates?  Thanks for your help! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"