Potty Training

PT issue with DS...help!

my DS is in the early stages of potty training...we were doing okay with sitting on the potty and every once in awhile something would happen. we weren't really pushing the PT yet but just getting him used to the potty.

well....a few weekends back my mom thought it would be a good idea to have DS take of his pants and diaper and pee outside. DS did that twice and now won't have anything to do with his potty chair or sitting on the toilet. he wants to stand up to pee and won't even stand on his stool.

HELP! i am so new at the PT thing and am probably more confused than DS is...

Re: PT issue with DS...help!

• *LrCg**LrCg* member

Well the "damage" has been done so I think you just need to go with it.  They make toy urnials or there is the weeman- https://www.weeman.com.au/weeman/usa.html

If it was me I would just make a point to remind him it only happens at a potty.  I've seen a little boy drop pants at an outdoor BBQ because he learned to pee outside so we haven't taught DS that yet.  I know many boys learn this way and are fine but I just think mine is too young to know the difference.

• No help here, but maybe if you can actually get him to use the potty and sitting you can reward him. I'm dreading the day DS figures out he can pee outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"