3rd Trimester

Maternity photo shoot?s: what to wear and how far along were you?

I am 28 weeks along and am scheduled to get my maternity pics taken on Saturday, but I am starting to wonder if I should reschedule them for a later date? The pics are meant to be more of a family photo shoot with ds and dh, so i dont yhink there will be that many bare belly shots (also I am doing these at a park) I was thinking of wearing a dark purple shirtdress from motherhood. But I don't know if I should wear a skirt and a tshirt to be able to show off my belly if I wanted too. What did you wear at your photo shoot and how far along would you recommend I be, keeping in mind it is more about a family shoot then just a maternity photo shoot. Also, what would you have your dh and ds wear?

Re: Maternity photo shoot?s: what to wear and how far along were you?

• 33 weeks is the best time to get photos.

I wore jean capris and a cute pink maternity top ( flip flops )

I also wore a white shirt that clung to my belly that way she could wrap a colored bow ( pink or blue) around my belly and take cute shots.

I brought an u/s picture and a pair or NB shoes to incorporate in shots.

Last outfit I wore a black skirt and blue top.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • See siggy.  I was 34 weeks.  Wear solid colors that match, but aren't the same.  If you do go for a print, make sure it isn't too small or too busy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did mine this past Saturday so almost 32 weeks. I wore a black skirt and tank top for belly shots (at our home) and a flowy black and white dress for shots we did in public. MH wore a red shirt and khaki pants so we could have a little color (I am currently most comfortable in black/dark colors so MH had to be the bright one!). Still waiting to see them but they showed us a few shots when we were out and they looked great. 
    Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • I had mine done at 33 weeks, would have liked to do them around 30 (because my belly is so big cause of the twins, it measures 7 weeks ahead)

I wore dark jeans and a fitted black maternity tee, SO wore shorts and a black golf polo.  We also did ours in a park- personally I think jeans with black, white or gray look best with outdoor shots. 

Personally- I think bare belly shots are great to have.. SO wanted one of him kissing the belly.. he is in love with it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think its best to get them done later in pregnancy so that you get the full belly effect, but that is just IMO. With DD#1 I did them at 37 weeks and this time (see one in siggy) I did them at 35 weeks.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had mine set for 37 weeks then became sick and once I lost most of the cold, I got pink eye. I just had mine done yesterday...PLEASE DONT WAIT THAT LONG (38.5)...you will hate it!
  • We wore solid colors, trying to match one another
  • I had mine at 34 weeks.  Your outfit may depend on your setting and the look you want.  For example, I wanted lots of B&W and we had our photo shoot at sunrise along a rocky coastline.  To fit with that look I decided to wear a long white skirt (Old Navy) and I alternated between a white, gray and peach colored tank top.  I also had a white belly band (you know the ones that you can wear over your unbuttoned pants) to wear as a bandeau top.  I had DH wear jeans and a fitted v-neck tee.  I always go for simplicity when having photos taken, just my personal preference. Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"