Blended Families

Moving Out of State?

There's a possibility that DH and I may have to move out of state for employment related reasons.  For those of you who have a split custody agreement with a BM who's in a different state, how does yours work?  I'm just curious... we'll obviously go to mediation to amend the CO, but we're trying to get some handle on what we could possibly be looking at here.

It would probably help if I mentioned that we'd be about 6 hours away by car, but 1 1/2 by plane, SS is 9 years old, and is currently homeschooled.  (We currently operate on a 1 month at each house arrangement and share in the educational responsibilities.)

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
Best April Fool's Day ever!
Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
Please be our take home baby.

Re: Moving Out of State?

• In order to move out of state for work my SO ended up having to give up his joint physical custody (he still retains joint legal). He wasn't in the position to fight for full custody (part of the reason he had to move out of state for work). I don't know how it will work with the agreement you already have set in place. Is your ex in agreement with the move (ie is he ok with it)?

Hopefully everything works out for everyone involved. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"