North Carolina Babies

Does anyone watch "Teen Mom?"

I usually steer as far as possible away from MTV, but I can't turn this show off..  Makes me really sad for them, and terrified of the teenage years with a girl. Indifferent I think I'm going to start adding crushed up BCP's to Holly's mac'n cheese.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Does anyone watch "Teen Mom?"

• haha about the BCP's!

Yes, watch this show, addicted!!

Last night, when Farrah left her LO out in the hallway I wanted to jump into the TV and kick her A$$!!! Ugh my stomach was in knots just watching it.

I know the TV crew is there and if someone walked up to the baby, I am sure they would have stopped it, but hello?? is she that absent minded when the TV crew is not around?

• I fell asleep before the end of the episode last night (I need to DVR it). I missed it last week, so I watched that one. I heard about Farrah leaving her baby out in the hall though. What a trainwreck of a family she has..

I think I'm most disturbed by Amber and Gary. How freaking eff'd up are they?!

Catelynn & Tyler probably just need to break up at this point, but I can't help but commend them for putting their baby up for adoption, because their whole situation is just weird. I can tell how hard it was for them though. makes me sad. :-(

I kind of like Maci. Of them all, I think she's the one that is least bound for a disastrous adulthood.. LOL.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • I watched a marathon of this (maybe a previous season?)  in my final weeks of pregnancy and I think it gave me some sort of weird comfort (like, I can totally do this, though I'm no baby expert.)

Gary & Amber are the worst, for sure. There's something funny about them though, that guy is such a Loser. I saw some ep's when she was pregnant and he bought a Wii for $400 and then spent $30 on an engagement ring from Walmart for her. Nice.

It's a trainwreck though, so sad for the kids. 

• I'm watching last nights episode right now. It is scary, I feel so bad for the babies. I didn't read all the replies because I didn't want to spoil the episode. The only one who has it together is Maci.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsMcJamie:

Gary & Amber are the worst, for sure. There's something funny about them though, that guy is such a Loser. I saw some ep's when she was pregnant and he bought a Wii for $400 and then spent $30 on an engagement ring from Walmart for her. Nice.

It's a trainwreck though, so sad for the kids. 

Yeah, we died laughing at this episode.  Especially when he asked if he could return the $21 ring if she said no.

I love Maci! Great mom!!

• i watch.  i love maci also.  she is a really good mom.  farrah's whole family situation is just a mess.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I both watch! haha It's just one of those things you can't turn away from! (my favorite is I'll catch DH watching it when he thinks I'm not paying attention...hehe...it's not just a mommy thing!) Stick out tongue
  • I'm addicted as well.  I DVR'd last nights episode and haven't watched it yet.  I love Maci.  She seems like she's the only one with any sense.  Gary and Amber - Wow..just wow.Indifferent
  • McJamie, I'm so glad to hear that someone else felt "comfort" from this show during their pregnancy.  :)  My DH hates this show and cannot understand why I find it comforting right now.  I keep telling him that it helps me see my "worst case scenario," without having to live it.  :)

• I watch it, but usually only when there is a marathon on. It makes me sad too. For the babies and the moms, and after seeing the girls' family dynamics I wonder how anybody expected anything better to happen for these girls. Honestly, it's surprising to me that so far they have only gotten pregnant.Hughes, like you it terrifies me for the teen stage with any kids I might have.

One thing I've noticed a lot with the girls on this show and 16 and pregnant is how their mothers seem to want a friendship instead of a mother/daughter relationship. In one of the episodes one of the teen moms went to see her own mom who she'd been out of touch with for several months (it was the one who gave her baby up for adoption). When she saw her mom again the woman said something along the lines of, "I've missed you. You're my best friend. I haven't had anyone to talk to." Um, how sad is that? What about your daughter lady? She isn't supposed to be your support system. At least not for several more years anyway.

Sorry, there is a reason I don't watch it on a regular basis. I tend to get on my soapbox. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"