Maryland Babies
Options

stretch marks???

Hey ladies,

i have no stretch marks so far and im goin 32 weeks pregnant.. im a lil scared im going to see a gazillion stretch marks in the next weeks to come... i have been using vitamin E and coco butter oil since the begginning of my pregnancy to soften the skin for streching and massage it twice a day ..

anyone had no stretch marks and then got a ton in their 8 or 9th month??

im a lil worried cause all my sisters have marks from pregnancies but they got them in like the 7th month and it got worse as time went on :(

Re: stretch marks???

• Options
    I never got one and I'm about 5'1" and have a smallish frame.  Well, I never got any on my stomach, my boobs however I have quite a few
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I never got a single stretch mark.....until the morning of my due date. Nice huh?

You can keep it up with the cocoa butter to keep your skin hydrated, but if you are going to get them, you are going to get them. Hopefully you won't!

BTW, even though I was horrified by mine, they faded very quickly in the months after he was born. I should also note that I got enormous (had a 9 lb 4 oz baby in there) and I was measuring 42 weeks at the end......

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get any until the last couple of weeks (I delivered at 37 weeks) and they concentrated around where DD's head was situated, off to my left.  When I was in the hospital a few nurses commented on how few stretch marks I had.  They've all mostly faded by now and DD is 8 months.
  • Options

I never got any stretch marks either.  I'm pretty small and had quite a belly :)

My mom didn't have any with any of us, so I was hoping to follow that!  My friend had maybe 1 or 2 and the evening before she went into labor she got a ton.  It was so crazy and I was terrified that'd happen to me.

• Options
    thanks for sharing ladies bc my sisters are really dark and big .. and hers hasnt really faded too much so i was worried but i guess its like someone said if your gonna get them ur gonna get them nothing i can do but try to keep my skin hydrated.. Sad
  • Options

I didn't get any....until after I gave birth!  Ahhhh, I so thought I was in the clear and then one appeared a few days afterwards.  But its mostly gone now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have 0 on my belly.  But I have a ton on my behind...and they all appeared at like 38 weeks, ugh.  I'm tall and thin though, so that is obviously where the extra skin was pulling from.

But they have really faded a lot in 4+ months.   I hoping they are gone completely soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    lol to the ones on ur behind... i now have to use a mirror to inspect areas i can no longer see but i hope i dont get any on my butt ..
  • Options

I never got any - I was all belly, and was sure they were going to show up any day, but they never did.  I lotioned up every day, but that was mostly because the stretching skin was so dry that it was itchy.  I knew if they were going to show up, they were going to be there and no amount of lotion was going to help.  I have heard from lots of women that they fade fast after delivery, though, so hopefully if you do end up w/them, they'll disappear quickly.

Now, I may have escaped the stretch marks, but not the damn linea negra - which STILL hasn't faded very much at all at 3.5w PP. :P

• Options
    imageThePastor'sWife:

Now, I may have escaped the stretch marks, but not the damn linea negra - which STILL hasn't faded very much at all at 3.5w PP. :P 

Well, at least I can't SEE the ones on my behind, LOL!  And there aren't too many people looking at it!  

I totally thought I'd be back in a 2 piece bathing suit since I didn't have any on my belly, but that damn linea negra is so dark on me still too.  At 20 weeks PP.  I am EBF though and I heard it might stick around until weaning.  Thanks so much, DS! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    I didn't get any until the very end - like literally the last 4 or 5 days and I had a C/S @ 39 weeks.  I was very worried b/c when I went through puberty I got TONS of stretch marks on my legs, but I only got about 6 marks total and they have mostly faded. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageolga13ny:

anyone had no stretch marks and then got a ton in their 8 or 9th month??

um, yeah, this was me.  I got no stretch marks during my pregnancy pregnancy with DD (going to 41 weeks & 4 days) and I was looking good until about 37 weeks with DS, my midwife even remarked how good my belly looked @ maybe my 36 wk appt?  saying I had no stretch marks, but of course this jinxed me and I had 2 by my 38 week appt and I got 4 total, all below my belly button.  I can't tell yet if they are going to fade, I think they will and I think I might invest in some of that Mederma stuff to help them go away.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I got a few stretch marks on my hip at the very end of my pregnancy, and after I gave birth and my stomach went down, I noticed stretchies on the inside of one of my legs. I've been using the Mederma stretch marks cream, it's a little expensive but it's totally worth it! It's the only thing I've tried that makes a difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"