2nd Trimester

Lyrics on nursery walls

I want to put lyrics or like a sentence from a poem on the nursery walls. I need ideas on good lyrics! PLEASE HELP!

Re: Lyrics on nursery walls

• twinkle twinkle little star...do you know how loved you are....

check out www.uppercaseliving.com  they have lots of cute stuff for nursery walls!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This isn't song lyrics, but it's a really cute quote by J.M. Barrie from the book "Peter Pan"

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know what kind of theme you're doing or if you're doing a theme at all, but maybe you could take a line from one of your wedding songs and put it on the wall. We're doing an airplane theme and I just got the idea this past weekend to put "Come fly with me" on one of the walls, that was the song DH and I left the church to, I'm so in love with my idea.

Otherwise, check out some Beatles lyrics, they have to have something that would be fantastic on a nursery wall.

Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Shel Silverstein or Dr. Suess quotes are always fun...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageslwhatley:

The Beatles "Golden Slumbers" was originally going over my crib.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e_j66mgTDE

Golden slumbers fill your eyes,
    Smiles awake you when you rise.
    Sleep pretty darling, do not cry.
    And I will sing a lullaby. 

I was thinking about doing this one too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageMrs.Bones:

I'm thinking about using these:  

Velveteen Rabbit

Shel Silverstein

This is my favorite childhood book and quote! I planned on working it to our room some how. My mom talked to me about how my teddy bear what the rabbit all the time. I still cry when I read it!

• We did a reading from Velveteen rabbit for our wedding - lots of tears, especially since my mom "loved all the hair off" my dad too :)
    EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • I like this idea. I always wanted to do this...but we decided to go with a different theme for the nursery. Anyway I always wanted to have someone paint the lyrics from sweet child of mine by guns n roses in a really pretty cursive on the walls. I'm honestly not a big guns n roses fan, but the song is sweet :)

• You could also take a line or two from John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" or Billy Joel's "Goodnight My Angel"

• I am using a quote from a book Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

"I'll love you forever.  I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Bob Dylan wrote "Forever Young" for his son, Jakob.  Very very sweet song.  I plan to do something with this song in the baby's room-just not sure what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc-a1kP7ITA

Wilco did the song "My Darling". Very touching song.  I reccommend it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VPQ-NvGxs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've thought about putting the lyrics from "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Disney's Pinocchio. Very pretty and inspiring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another Disney suggestion-Baby Mine-

"From your head down to your toes, you're not much, goodness knows,

but you're so precious to me, sweet as can be, baby of mine"

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are doing a air plane theme and i think we decided to use that new song that just came out by B.O.B

"Can we pretend that air planes in the night sky are shooting stars." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"