Stay at Home Moms

Give me your tips on dusting

I'm a novice to house work. I mean, I can definitely get by, but I feel like there might be a better way at tackling the task.

What I have been doing in the past: spraying a clean clothe with Windex Antibacterial and picking up te dust that way.

Is there a better product to use? A better way to pick up the dirt? Any tricks or tips is appreciated!!!

Photobucket

Re: Give me your tips on dusting

• Use either an old sock OR one of your DH's old undershirts. BEST things for dusting. I HATE the swiffer - all that thing does is move dust around.

I use Pledge - I spray the sock/undershirt and dust away........

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I use the swiffer duster for quick jobs.  Otherwise I use my Babyganics sparkle maker stuff and an old towel.  I've heard using things like Pledge actually end up attracting more dust.  Not sure if it is true or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I use a long handled duster for dusting vents/fans/baseboards.  Then a swiffer cloth for furniture.  I occasionally use pledge to shine things up a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use avons skin so soft oil.  It seems to work well so I dont have to dust very often.  not sure if you have read the queen of clean book but she has it in there.  The only reason I found out about it is because I sell avon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"