Stay at Home Moms
Options

Leaky Diaper - help

Ugh, for those of you with boys... it was one of those nights.  Travis woke up twice because his diaper leaked through his onesie and through his blanket.  Poor guy was swaddled in his own pee.  I have tried 4 types of diapers and they all do the same thing (3 types of Huggies, one type of Safeway brand I bought as an experiment).  Suggestions?  I am so cranky this morning.  Those wakings last night probably would have been avoided or at least one was unnecessary because I know he can sleep 4+ hours at a stretch.  Is it user error?  Is he a heavy wetter?  He's not even 4 weeks old!  Help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Leaky Diaper - help

• Options

next size up?

is that possible.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It may be a size issue... the diapers might be too big or too small.  Also, make sure his penis is pointing down, not up (obvious, but it's happened to us).

We used Pampers Swaddlers at that age, and never really had a problem until he was a bit older.  They also sell inserts for cloth diapers, you can buy some of those and put them in the diaper if it's not a size issue.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, I think I am going to try the Pampers Sensitive and need to remember on the wiener direction thing.  I don't think it is a size issue.  He is in a 1, and is right in the middle of the weight range.  His legs are a little skinny so I think going up a size would just be way too big.  And he definitely can't fit into a newborn. 

Thanks ladies... ugh.  Off to BRU today.  

• Options
    DS was right around 12 lbs when we had to switch him to a size 2 because he kept leaking.  He was only 6 weeks old then.  That solved the problem and we had no issue with them being too big.  If the other brands don't work, I would try a size 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    DS was right around 12 lbs when we had to switch him to a size 2 because he kept leaking.  He was only 6 weeks old then.  That solved the problem and we had no issue with them being too big.  If the other brands don't work, I would try a size 2.

Travis is probably 10 1/2 lbs or more at this point.  I will keep that in mind.  We just got back from BRU with a 180 pack of Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive in size 1, so I really hope these do the trick because they were $40!  Well, these and the downward penis.  :)  

• Options
    i would say try pampers. and next size up.
    Baby #3 on its way!BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We didn't have any luck with Huggies at that age with Jackson - We did have luck with Pampers Swaddlers and, believe it or not, Luvs.

Then Luvs stopped working for us when he went up to 2 - Weird. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"