North Carolina Babies

Some changes to our mealtime routine as well...

We said goodbye to the highchair. I was just tired of Holly throwing food and farting around. Holly now eats at the table with us. We have the FP Spacesaver, which converts to a booster, but it won't fit under our table.. so for now, we're using this. I want to try and find a Cooshee booster at the next consignment sale if I can (because the idea of paying $40 for a piece of foam pains me!)

But her meals are now always on a plate, and she always uses her fork and spoon. She has a placemat, which I made out of the puffy shelf liner stuff, that keeps the plate from sliding around. She's also 100% using an open cup at mealtimes (still uses sippies when we're on the go). I made a pink circle that I taped down to the table with packing tape, that says "Holly's Cup." This where she is to put her cup after she takes a sip, (stole this idea from daycare), and she is doing great with it. We also give her a napkin at meal times because she loves to wipe her mouth (ok, and her tongue.. LOL).

She still has her moments, and we've cleaned up our fair share of spilled milk and water, but it has blown my mind how well she's taken to it all. I really think the highchair was just too "fun" for her, and she couldn't resist playing. She really seems to like eating at the table with us, as opposed to just close to us in the highchair.

Just thought I'd share our experience Big Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Some changes to our mealtime routine as well...

• Wonderful news! What a cute idea with the cup. I remember how impressed I was with john once we switched to the table, too. Glad she is eating better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow.  What a big girl!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just transitioned to a booster seat as well.  So far so good....

The good thing - instead of dropping food on the floor she just sets it aside off of her placemat. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oooh great idea on the placemat! Did you just cut the shelf liner to size or do something cute with it?
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagebecki777:
    Oooh great idea on the placemat! Did you just cut the shelf liner to size or do something cute with it?

Nope, just cut it to size. About 6"x8". We happened to have a roll of it laying around, and it has worked out great!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• That is awesome!  What great ideas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"