Trouble TTC
Options

Clomid - morning or evening?

So I'm taking the plunge with my first round of Clomid today. Any advice on whether it's better to take it in the morning or evening because of s/e?

My RE told me to expect hot flashes and tiredness. I'd think to take it in the morning so a hot flash doesn't keep me up, but to take it at night if it's going to make me sleepy, KWIM?

Any words of wisdom? Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clomid - morning or evening?

• Options
    Most people seem to take it at night. I took it in the evening the first day and had a hot flash that was awful! The rest of the days I took it right before bed and was fine... never woke up once.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

I took mine at night to try to avoid the s/e.  I can't say I felt hot while I was trying to sleep more than any other night.  It did make me tired, even during the day.  I have also had trouble falling asleep - even since I stopped taking it.  But, that might be b/c I am off right now and sleeping in every day. 

Other side effects I had were a general on edge, irritable feeling.  And one day (day after 2nd pill) I was a raging nut.  I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin, but that was only for one day.

Some people have no s/e at all.  I would just pick the time that you are most likely to remember every day.  That's what my RE office told me - that I had to take it at the same time of day, whatever I decided that to be.  Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecutebride73:

I took mine at night to try to avoid the s/e.  I can't say I felt hot while I was trying to sleep more than any other night.  It did make me tired, even during the day.  I have also had trouble falling asleep - even since I stopped taking it.  But, that might be b/c I am off right now and sleeping in every day. 

Other side effects I had were a general on edge, irritable feeling.  And one day (day after 2nd pill) I was a raging nut.  I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin, but that was only for one day.

Some people have no s/e at all.  I would just pick the time that you are most likely to remember every day.  That's what my RE office told me - that I had to take it at the same time of day, whatever I decided that to be.  Good luck!!

Hmm, mine didn't mention that, but you're right, I should pick a time when I'd remember. Which is now....Stick out tongue

• Options
    I took mine at night with my Metformin and PNV. I did want an extra fan in the bedroom for the hot flashes, but otherwise I made it through ok.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took it in the evening.  But, I didn't have many side effects, unless I had them while I was sleeping and didn't notice them.  I did  notice that I was a lot more tired during the day though.
  • Options
    My RE told me to take it night, which I've been doing.  I've had a couple hot flashes, but they were during the day.  Good luck!
    Off BCP March 2009 TTC since September 2009 3 rounds of Clomid + Trigger, 3 rounds of Gonal-F + Trigger, total of 4 IUIs - all BFNs IVF May/June 2011 - BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    j&m22j&m22 member
    I took them at night right before bed.  I only woke up one night with hot flashes, but I was definitely tired all week when I was on it.   I didn't have any other side effects.
  • Options

I took them at night, and I had one hot flash the last night I took it but otherwise no s/e.

Good luck! 

• Options

I took it at night, right before bed, and definitely woke up in night sweats.  I also would have a few hot flashes during the day though, but I'd much rather go through that while I can sleep most of it off!

Make sure you drink plenty of water while on clomid!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi I start my first round of Clomid (100mg) on Sat.  The nurse suggested I take it at night.  Let me know when you take it and how it goes.
  • Options
    It seems that I'm in the minority, but I took mine in the morning. I didn't have many s/e, just a few hot flashes.
  • Options
    Hi I only took 50mg of Clomid but I took them every morning with food and never had any s/e good luck!
    Round 1 July 2010... 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI (7/22) = Failed Round 2 Aug 2010.. 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI = canceled due to cysts Began Acupuncture Aug and Sept during break cycles Round 3 Oct 2010.. 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel Injection +IUI = BFN Round 4 Oct 2010..2.5mg Femara+ Ovidrel + IUI = BFN ****IVF #1 JULY 2011, 10 Frozen, awaiting FET****** IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I took mine at night. Since I would be taking them on both work days and the weekend, I chose 8pm to take them ( was told to take it at the same time each day). I didn't have trouble sleeping at all but I did get the hot flashes, headaches and extreme biitchiness during the day.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    dicer2dicer2 member
    I took it in the morning.  I had s/e all 24 hours so it didn't matter!  Hot flashes and I felt really anxious.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    night-had some hot flashes
  • Options

imageroadstar:
    Hi I start my first round of Clomid (100mg) on Sat.  The nurse suggested I take it at night.  Let me know when you take it and how it goes.

I ended up taking it mid morning, so we'll see how it goes!

Good luck to you.

• Options
    Definitely night.  I had hot flashes but I slept through them, I just made sure the house was really cold before I went to sleep.  My husband did complain about me stripping the covers off him though.
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"