Secondary IF

Hello Ladies!!! (Intro)

Hi ladies!! I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to know you girls. Here's a little about me:

My name is MaMaSiBs(29), DH(30) and I have been married for almost 4 years, we have 1 little girl who will be 3 in August. It took us 3 months of active charting to get pg with her and we had a pretty uneventful pregnancy. DD was born with Brown Syndrome, severe acid reflux and was hospitalized a few times within her 1st year due to those illnesses. We have been ttc #2, activley charting since 7/2009, but not avoiding since 9/2007. We have recently been seeing an RE, not at my OB's request, but because I knew there was something wrong and we needed answers. DH SA came back with 0% morph, 28% motility and his count was 43mil. I have had my CD3 u/s, SHG and b/w drawn. CD3 showed 12+ folllies on each side and a 23mm cyst on my left ovary. My SHG shown everything all clear and an 18.5mm follie on my left ovary (tech said I should O within the next 2-3 days and she was right, I usually do not O that early). B/W showed FSH was 5.5, Estradiol was 44.....

Whew, that was a mouth full. Well I have been trying to make sense of everything because we don't have our follow-up apt with our RE until next Monday, ugh. Any advice/experience/knowledge you would like to dish out, I am all ears! I look forward to meeting you ladies.

EDITED: I totally forgot to mention we had a miscarriage in February @ 10.5 weeks. we saw the heartbeat at like 7 weeks and I started bleeding a day or 2 after 10 weeks. It was the worst experience of my life to date. I am pretty scared to go thru that again. Full story in my blog.

Love multiplies it doesn't divide!!
<a href="http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/MaMaSiBs/?action=view

Re: Hello Ladies!!! (Intro)

• Your DH's SA sounds similar to my H.  I don't know the morph for ours as we never got those numbers.  His counts were in the 35 million range and 40ish% motility for both IUIs.  His motility went up to 90 and 95% post wash and the counts only dropped into the upper 20s.  We got pg on IUI #2.  Best of luck with your 2IF journey. 

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsMoher:

Your DH's SA sounds similar to my H.  I don't know the morph for ours as we never got those numbers.  His counts were in the 35 million range and 40ish% motility for both IUIs.  His motility went up to 90 and 95% post wash and the counts only dropped into the upper 20s.  We got pg on IUI #2.  Best of luck with your 2IF journey. 

Thanks MrsMoher!! And Congrats on you pregnancy! A H&H 9 months to you. I fear the morph may be what keeps IUI from being a good match for us Crying We have NO IF coverage and I am scared to find out what our options are.... because I feel they are limited to IVF with ICSI and being OOP, that may not be an option for us. But, I hope I am wrong!

• Loading the player...
  • HOLY MOLY I CAN NOT BELIEVE how much your daughter looks like you - like I thought all of those pictures were of HER! I'm blown away!

Welcome and I hope your stay is short.

One thing I'd suggest is scrolling through and also doing some research for L-Arginine. We swear by this. Made ALL of DH's # skyrocket!
  • Welcome!    My DH also had some pretty low numbers.  His motility was 42% and his morphology was 1%.   We were told our only option at that point was IVF with ICSI (my eggs aren't that great either).  Then we had a 2nd analysis done by an embryologist and his morphology came back at 10%.   The RE does have him taking L-Carnatine to help - but that helps more with counts and motility than morphology.   After the 2nd analysis - he told us that doing 2 IUI's was worth a shot.  We can't wait too long to go to IVF because of my eggs - but we are on our 2nd IUI cycle now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesommerrayne:
    HOLY MOLY I CAN NOT BELIEVE how much your daughter looks like you - like I thought all of those pictures were of HER! I'm blown away!

Welcome and I hope your stay is short.

One thing I'd suggest is scrolling through and also doing some research for L-Arginine. We swear by this. Made ALL of DH's # skyrocket!

LOL, Thanks Sommer!! I think it's crazy too! Especially since no one in my family really looks like each other at all. We'll see if it stays that way as she gets older, but it's fun for now Big Smile Thank you too for the warm welcome and I am def going to check out L-Arginine!!!
    ::Runs off to google L-Arginine::

• imageuteandbuff:
    Welcome!    My DH also had some pretty low numbers.  His motility was 42% and his morphology was 1%.   We were told our only option at that point was IVF with ICSI (my eggs aren't that great either).  Then we had a 2nd analysis done by an embryologist and his morphology came back at 10%.   The RE does have him taking L-Carnatine to help - but that helps more with counts and motility than morphology.   After the 2nd analysis - he told us that doing 2 IUI's was worth a shot.  We can't wait too long to go to IVF because of my eggs - but we are on our 2nd IUI cycle now.

Hey UAB!! Looks like we are in similar boats. I know IUI would be in a better price range for us.... but unless DH's Morph comes back higher like your H did, I don't think I would waste my money. GL to you this cycle!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Hey there.  We also struggle with MFI.  My DH had a 0% morph but now it's 1%.  He also had low everything else and now a bunch of stuff is in normal range (count, testosterone).  He is currently doing clomid, zinc supplements, chinese herbs and acupuncture.  We are going to try ICSI soon.  He might be recommended to see an urologist, sometimes they can pinpoint what is going on and recommend some stuff to help his numbers.  Good luck and I hope your stay on this bored is a helpful but short one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!  Hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Welcome! I think I recognize you from TTTC. I don't have any advice. Just wanted to say hello.

Good luck!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome and good luck!!
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"