South Florida Babies
Options

Aetna insurance and the whole dropping your ob thing

I can't remember who it was that was going through the whole thing with Aetna dropping their provider but I was wondering if you had heard anything from your doctor or Aetna about it. I called my OB today and they told me that they still hadn't heard anything from Aetna but she thought it might be by the end of the week. However, I just got a call from Aetna saying that my continuity of coverage was accepted. I don't know if this means that Aetna dropped my doctor or not- the woman just deals with these continuity of coverage things and said she was not sure. I guess either way I am happy I am covered under my current plan regardless of what happens. But it sucks if they got dropped since I've been going to them for years and I would hate to have to find a new ob/gyn after Jan 30 when my continuity runs out. Anyway, let me know if you have heard anything on your end.

Re: Aetna insurance and the whole dropping your ob thing

• Options
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue... (who's your OB?)  I got the OB to fill out and sign the forms yesterday when I was there for my appt, obviously haven't heard back from Aetna yet.  As far as whether or not they have officially dropped your OB, they told me they won't know until August 1st (or whenever your coverage was supposed to end).  I guess it's just a wait and see thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi Ladies im new to the bump found out 2 months ago that im pregnant. I am also having the same issues with Aetan.  I just found out that i have to change my OB doctor becasue he delivers at Jackson Hospital.  I am looking for a OB who delivers at South Miami Hospital and who is also in the University of Miami network.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBudney:

Hi Ladies im new to the bump found out 2 months ago that im pregnant. I am also having the same issues with Aetan.  I just found out that i have to change my OB doctor becasue he delivers at Jackson Hospital.  I am looking for a OB who delivers at South Miami Hospital and who is also in the University of Miami network.

Welcome, and congrats!  :)  Sorry about all the insurance issues though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi! I was also having Aetna issues. My doctor's office is still waiting on them to approve my continuation but said it should not be a problem as they are approving the continuation of care for anyone over 14 weeks along. This may be all for nothing, though, because the office manager said that they may come to an agreement by the end of the month and renew the contract with Aetna anyway....they have LOTS of patients that use Aetna.

Budney, I believe my doc fits that category. I know he delivers at South Miami and I believe he is affiliated in some way with UM. Dr Edward Phillips, 305 665 9644. We should know by the end of the week whether he will continue to take Aetna.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

MellyMelB

Thank you for the information.  I will call them today.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"