Military Families

Dear everyone,

seriously, this is not jr high. Granted, any reminder of OPSEC can be done nicely, but frankly as much crap as I see spewed on facebook everyday, I find no need to sugar coat it. Not just your YOUR husband, but OTHER PEOPLES as well have safety at stake. Husbands, and wives, and sons, and daddies, and mommies, and daughters, and uncles, and aunts, and best friends. My husband deserves to make it to and from country safely. That being said, stop being so dang immature. ALL of you. seriously. Grow up. Now I know yall can all understand when I say at 22 weeks, i am far too pregnant to put up with bullcrap. So far on this board I've seen someone (well meaningly) preaching OPSEC, other people judget her for it, even more people judge the people who judged that, a mean spirited post, allegations of not being a military wife or pregnant at all, and some catty remarks made about who we shouldn't worry about even though they are in country bc they aren't on the front lines. Now, this board (In my humble opinion) should be a place to go to for SUPPORT. I was thrilled when I saw this board bc I will be going through the last trimester of my pregnancy, birth, and the first few months of my sons life without the love of my life here. If you aren't here to support eachother, then don't post. Seriously. I don't want to sound harsh, or step on toes, but when we act like THIS, that's what gives us the bad name as military wives. Our guys (whether they be a marine like mine, sailor, airman, soldier, national guardsman, coast guard, WHATEVER) are in a brotherhood. they have eachother's back. We owe it to them, as well as ourselves to maintain the same attitude. Our jobs are just as hard as thiers. They go off, and fight for us, and risk thier lives. We stay here, and hold down the fort, and willingly send the love of our lives, the only people that can make it better, the fathers of our children to WAR ZONES knowing that no matter what job they have, they may not return to us. i hate to break it to everyone, but no one else in the WORLD but fellow military wives understand. no one else gets it. they can't. it isn't thier lives. If we spend our time starting drama, and being catty, and hateful, and judgemental, and pulling out our husbands ranks, MOS, or branch to try and give us a leg up on eachother, then where will we turn to for support? Just please consider that next time any of you find the need to let your mean streak shine, or be judgemental, or if I happen to have a day and forget it myself (it happens) keep it handy to remind me. That is all.

Re: Dear everyone,

• I haven't read what you wrote, but paragraphs are your friend.  It's very hard to read a huge mass of words.  And I'm not trying to be mean, because clearly we have to point that out on this board.
  • hah, yeah sorry about that. It's a bit of a rant, and I tend to forget paragraphs when I am on a roll. The point is this.... Dear military wives of every brach everywhere, enough drama.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to agree with the PP. I get your point and I think it's great. But it was sort of a headache to get through. If you want more people to read it and appreciate your words I'd go through and edit it to make it more reading friendly. I mean that sincerely. I get you were in a hurry etc, but it will be much more appreciated once it's readable. :) 
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • To the people commenting about how it's just one paragraph: SHUT UP! She did not write the post for you to badger her about grammar.

Now, to reply to the writer's post: I COMPLETELY AGREE! everybody needs to just grow up and realize that they are no longer a child, i mean, WTH is up with military wives being so mean to each other when we already have enough stress of dealing with children and pregnancy and deployments.

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING SUPPORTIVE OR GOOD TO SAY, SHUT UP AND GET OFF THE COMPUTER!

• imageShelby.Renninger:

To the people commenting about how it's just one paragraph: SHUT UP! She did not write the post for you to badger her about grammar.

Now, to reply to the writer's post: I COMPLETELY AGREE! everybody needs to just grow up and realize that they are no longer a child, i mean, WTH is up with military wives being so mean to each other when we already have enough stress of dealing with children and pregnancy and deployments.

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING SUPPORTIVE OR GOOD TO SAY, SHUT UP AND GET OFF THE COMPUTER!

Actually, it's good computer/board etiquette to write properly.  I won't read stuff that is one huge mass.  You'll find that many people are the same.

The Kdodge wasn't being mean she justed posted an article about something we need to make sure that we follow.  It was brought up because many people on this board are offenders of OPSEC.  Then some others decided that it didn't need to be posted, that Kdodge was mean, then it became mess, and then a joke. 

This board is great for military families but you will find that we don't all have the same thoughts and views.  So people don't have to leave if they don't want to.  I'd rather have the truth and bluntness.  Clearly, you want puppies and rainbows.  Good for you, but you can't get that all the time, because well, that's not the real world.  Hope I didn't burst your bubble.  BTW, you'll find women in general are mean.  There will always be cattiness.

My advice, put your Big Girl Panties on.

• Ugh - I'm actually tired of the whole thing and tired of seeing posts about the original post.  Its getting really old
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Whoa. I was just simply stating truth. Wasn't being snarky or rude about it. Just trying to help her get more responses and more people to pay attention. I never said I didn't agree with her. I actually said I DO agree with her. Chillax.  
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Gosh, it's funny how quickly everyone is to jump down someone's throat! Put on your big girl panties? How about... BE NICE. Is it really that hard? There's a tactful and POLITE way to say things that need to be said, people. I say... don't respond to people that are rude and disrespectful... it gives them less power. Let them talk to each other and bring each other down... positive posters on this board can stick together and ignore the rest.

:]  just my view though. 

MN Siggy Challenge: Most beautiful place in America. Photobucket
    An AMAZING garden back at home. I adore flowers, so naturally this place is my favorite. Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagebsmith5891:

positive posters on this board can stick together and ignore the rest.

fking seriously! Ive come to the conclusion that there will always be a bunch of evil women that have way too much time on their hands.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"