Health & Exercise

Jogging/Running

Hi Ladies,

I had my daughter 17 days ago and have been fighting the urge to go for a run.  Is it too soon to jog/run again? I know the doctors give you six weeks recovery time for a reason, Im just anxious to start working out again. Any suggestions you can give me would be great! Thank you.

Abbey 

Re: Jogging/Running

• Have you gone for long walks to see how much that taxes your body, or if it causes your bleeding to intensify a lot? Just be careful because even if you feel great, your ligaments are all loosey goosey and you are at a greater risk for injury, especially if you push it too hard. And also keep in mind that your organs are still shifting around as your uterus shrinks back to normal and that jogging could be painful in your lower abdomen. Even now at 3 months pp I still feel some pain in my lower abdomen while running.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you very much for the reply! Im going to start out slow and just walk for a while just to be safe.  Im a klutz normally so loose goosey ligaments and me running is probably not a good idea!  Thanks again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you run during your pregnancy? I ran through about 25 weeks and then walked/ did the elliptical. My dr cleared me to work out whenever i felt ready as long as I took it slow. I went for my first very slow jog at 2 weeks ppd. Just listen to your body and you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"