South Florida Babies
Options

Baby progress!

I spent a couple of hours in L&D last night b/c they thought I might be leaking fluid.  After all of the tests, an u/s, and a NST, they don't think that I'm leaking, but they did tell me that I'm dialated 1 cm and 50% effaced!  I know that it doesn't really mean anything, but I can't help but be a little excited about the progress.  Plus, it means that I've been having contractions, even though I haven't felt a single one.  :)

Has anyone gone a month being dialated?  Or should I be expecting to see this LO a bit early?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby progress!

• Options

Glad everything is ok and your not leaking..

I was dialated over 1 cm my entire last month with my DD and she was late. :) But thats not to say your LO wont come early but mine didnt..

• Options
    imageLizC78:

Glad everything is ok and your not leaking..

I was dialated over 1 cm my entire last month with my DD and she was late. :) But thats not to say your LO wont come early but mine didnt..

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, lol.  I expected her to be late anyway, but now this news has me wondering.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    So glad to see you are doing well!! I was a bit effaced at about 32 weeks but not dilated and it didn't mean anything for me since as of my last appointment there was no change. I have an appointment today so we'll see what's going on if anything! ;) But for the most part, I have heard so many stories where people are dilated for a while and end up going around their due date or late and others who were not dilated at all and end up going earlier. It really seems to be a luck of the draw type of thing. Not only that but my Ob had asked me when my mother gave birth to her kids and she seems to believe that genes may play a part. For the 1st baby, she was right on the money; we'll see about it this time around!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Glad everything is ok! I was 1 cm dialated at 35 and 36 weeks and went into labor at 37.5 weeks. I was not expecting it and packed my bag at 5am while I was in labor. I have heard many people who walked around dialated for the last month but I'd get ready to go just in case. Either way you are going to be meeting your little one very soon!
  • Options
    Glad to hear all is well! I was 1cm dilated weeks 36 and 37, 2cm dilated at 38 and  water broke at week 39. However, I've heard stories of moms who go into labor with contractions and aren't even dilated. So you're already ahead of the game! Yes, now is a good time to pack the bag, get the car seat installed and be prepared :) Keep us posted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"