Stay at Home Moms

please help!!

I'm a fairly new SAHM and need ideas on what to do with my 4 month old.  I feel like I don't stimulate him enough.  Here is what I have been doing:

Reading, singing, play mat, swing, bouncy seat, laugh and learn jumperoo, walks.  Anything else that I can do that is fun for him??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: please help!!

• You do more than I did with any of my kids! LOL!

You can go to the zoo, museum, etc. At this age, anything you do is more for you than for your son.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • It sounds like you're doing great. Keep at it!

• Loading the player...
  • DS has some hand toys that I dance around and play with with him... sometimes I'll put "Sprout" on the background tv while doing things with him... we dance around the house sometimes... lots of cuddling and kissing and hugging... we sing songs (okay, *I* sing the songs lol)... bumbo seat,

This link is really helpful, too!

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2322&e=landing&ccat=play_and_learn&ctypecode=np

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!

Getting out of the house, whether it was the zoo, museum, or just to walk the mall/store always seemed to entertain DS and DD also. They loved to just look around at whatever was going on. I did a lot of talking about what we saw, what the animals were doing or whatever was going on. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Everything that you do is fine. There isn't much else you can do with a 4 month old. And most importantly, you should not be stimulating him for 100% of his wake time. He needs quiet alone time to absorb the world around him and relax.

So when he is on the play mat, for instance, engage him in the few things it offers and then step back and let him explore it on his own. If he looks away and starts to look bored, give him some time if he isn't fussy because often times a baby will look away because he is starting to get overstimulated. He may look back to the toys when he feels calmer.

Obviously don't leave him for an hour alone but at this age, 15 minutes or so of alone time every waking period would be great for him! Plus it will really help you be able to step away when he is older and playing without him crying out for you to be right there all the time!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• It sounds like you are doing a great job.  At 4 months, it didn't take much.  DD loved to watch people especially little kids.  I would take her to the park or the kids space at the mall when it got colder.  She loved going to the fair and local carnivals.  I would just be careful with the heat and sun exposure.  I usually stuck with a hat and breezy clothes with more coverage and was fine.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"