Postpartum Depression

Well it's official.

My name is Amber and I was diagnosed with PPD last week. I really think that I was misdiagnosed and have PTSD, but that's another story. I finally went to the doctor after I moved from being angry and short-tempered with my husband to snapping at my son also. I felt like I could handle it when it was just DH, but I got scared when I had to put DS in his crib because I was afraid that I would shake him out of anger. So I guess I made the "first step" in admitting that I have a problem.

So here I am. I'm 22 (today is actually my birthday) and I just got out of the Army. We live in Florida currently but are moving to Ohio in the next few months. Hopefully I can find some support here Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Well it's official.

• srbmvpsrbmvp member

Welcome! And let me say (as the wife of a former soldier) thank you so much for your sacrifices and dedication to our country!

PPD sucks, there were days there that I didn't think I could survive, so I know how you feel. But the important thing is, you are getting help, and it really will get better. I'm 3 weeks into meds, and already feeling much better, though I still have down moments...

Good luck, and know there are some amazing women on this board, if you ever need to vent!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks!! They put me on 20mg of Celexa, so I hope it helps. I know it's a long process trying to figure out the right medication and the right dose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"