Stay at Home Moms

Poll: What room in your house drives you nuts?

Mine is our bedroom/bathroom! We moved in two years ago and it STILL has no paint, cute wall hangings, decor, etc. We have been focusing on all the other rooms first for some reason.

Re: Poll: What room in your house drives you nuts?

• the main room that drives me nuts is the living room...that's the "main" room we hang out, entertain, etc.

the carpet is left over from the previous owner we bought from...DS, and the 2 dogs added stains to that, the fireplace has a green marble on it and i'm trying my best to make it blend with the room before i give it and change it (which we are going to do later anyways)

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Mine is my living room.  We have a really small house and our living room is the main room in the house it is full of baby toys and my husbands huge ugly oak roll top desk. He won't get rid of it because he doesn't want to spend the $ for a new one.  This room is totally over due for a make over. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our desk area, which is in the livingroom. It's a magnet for clutter and I have to constantly stay on top of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The study. It's heinous. We've been meaning to furnish that room since we moved in (5 years ago!) but something else always comes up. It's the first room you see when you enter the house, and it has this horrible homemade desk that DH slapped together in college, metal bookshelves, and this huge firesafe just sort of sitting out in the open. I keep the door closed all the time. It's embarrassing.
  • Mine is our guest room/office.  No one sees it, so I'm not as motivated to keep it clean and it's full of all the stuff that has no where else to go.  And every time I do get it clean and organized it never lasts.  Like, a few months ago it acted as the staging area for a garage sale and it still hasn't recovered from that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • our office/ spare bedroom. It is a hodgepodge of DH's juvenile furniture from his parents house (which I am hoping to move into DS room someday) and a folding table that serves as a bill/ paper sorting table. It drives me NUTS that we haven't found a 'piece of furniture' filing cabinet to replace it. When you walk upstairs and look in the room you see that folding table.

I'm afraid the only way we'll ever get the room in order is if and when we have another baby and it HAS to become a bedroom.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The master bathroom drives me crazy but that is because we are renovating and haven't touched it. It is fantastic 80's style - huge garden tub that leaks, brassy gold fixtures, textured wallpaper, mirrored doors/walls everywhere and carpet.  The plan is to gut the whole thing and start from scratch.  Can't wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • I have a couple of 'hotspots' that collect clutter if I don't constantly stay on top of it.  We're lacking one piece of furniture in the living room that we'll have in a few days. THANK GOD. Then the major stuff is finished and it's just all finishing touches from here on out.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • laundry room!

it is tiny, houses a lot more than it should - inlcuding litter boxes and an exposed and ugly hot water heater.  

i dream of a huge laundry room with space to fold clothes and bins and storage and more.  

one day 

• Our family room. It has brown wall paneling and horrible gold carpet from the previous owners. The fireplace is surrounded by brick and gold metal stuff. It is dark and depressing. I wish we could at least change the carpet, maybe some day.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The kitchen!!! I'm going to take a sledgehammer to in later this week (seriously).

Part of me feels bad about taking out the original 1928 kitchen, but it just isn't functional at all. The new cabinets should arrive any minute! 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • My bedroom.  It's the room I tidy the least because I make sure every other room is in good shape and by the time I get in there to clean, I just lay down and fall asleep. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"