Ohio Babies
Options

Where does everyone find daycare??

smallfry5909smallfry5909 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I'm a first time mom, and don't know many of other moms in the area. Where are some of you looking for child care? The only option I've found is Craigslist, and I'm pretty wary about that.

I would prefer in-home child care instead of a child care center. Any ideas or suggestions?

Baby Blog
BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where does everyone find daycare??

• Options
    I found a website the other day called sittercity.com.  you put in your location and it will bring up sitters/nannies in your area. the users make profiles for themselves w/background info, credentials and some have already had background checks.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There tends to be ads in the local suburban papers for this sort of thing.  My mother used to advertise in them, so I know at least one good person was.  :)  Look at ThisWeek or Suburban News for your area (I think they post their ads online too) and see if that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There used to be a website called enannysource.com.  It was both for nannies to find jobs and for families to find nannies.  Might be a good start!  Also, Action for Children might have a resource for finding childcare centers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Action for Children has a database of in-home care providers that might be helpful - https://www.actionforchildren.org/site/PageNavigator/Parents/parents_choosing

Each person is registered with AFC so that might give good peace of mind. For my son's care - I did ask around our neighborhood (it's a good ice-breaker when you see other parents out and about) and I also talked to parents at work who lived near me to see if they had any recommendations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"