D.C. Area Babies
Options

i know, it's just a phase

just when we were getting all happy that Warner was sleeping later--he'd been sleeping until about 6:45 or 7 every morning--he woke up screaming at around 5:30. great timing since I was up past midnight last night working on my website and then couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking of all the crap I need to get done (but have no time to do).

why can't the good phases last longer???

also, I'm ready for the "I'm done eating and rather than saying 'all done'--which I know how to say--I'm just going to starting throwing my food on the floor" phase to be over. it's been about 3 months now...we've tried everything. I'm so, so done.

Re: i know, it's just a phase

• Options

but he is sooo cute ;)

hang in there!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I swear, they're just phases!  We got up at a quarter of six so I brought BabyCrown back to bed with me.  I didn't fall back asleep, but he did let me rest for another half an hour.  I like summer, but I hate the sun getting up so early!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsTiara:
    I swear, they're just phases!  We got up at a quarter of six so I brought BabyCrown back to bed with me.  I didn't fall back asleep, but he did let me rest for another half an hour.  I like summer, but I hate the sun getting up so early!

seriously, I don't know how you (and the other pg mommies) do it. I don't know what I'm going to do when/if we have another baby...being pg and taking care of him sounds impossible. let alone actually having the new baby here and still taking care of him. whew, makes me tired just thinking about it!!

and I tried bringing him back to bed with me and DH and the second he saw Dada he was ready to play. He was crawling all around and pointing to my bathroom (where he takes his baths) saying "baaa! baaa! baaa!" (his version of "bath!").

• Options
    I'm right there with you.  We had 3 weeks of waking up between 3:30 and 5:30.  It will end though.  We are back to a 7:30 wake-up and a much happier momma.  I'm hoping the food phase will end, I keep on finding rice in the oddest places in the house.      
  • Options
    imagebh2720:

seriously, I don't know how you (and the other pg mommies) do it. I don't know what I'm going to do when/if we have another baby...being pg and taking care of him sounds impossible. let alone actually having the new baby here and still taking care of him. whew, makes me tired just thinking about it!!

We're crazy.  You convince yourself that it won't be that bad and then as soon as it's over, you forget how exhausting it was.  My pregnancy with BabyCrown was sooooo miserable, but I was ready to do it again in a heartbeat.  Fortunately this one has been a million times better (I'm attributing it to being a girl this time).  But I know that I'm going to be ready to do it again in another year, and this time with two running around.

• Options

I can totally sympathize.  Henry has been getting up between 5 and 6 most days of the week for the past 3 weeks.  WHAT is going on!?!  I get up at 5 during the week anyway, so it's not a huge deal, but can the child please sleep until 7 on Sat and Sun?

And the throwing food phase comes and goes I think.  It's super annoying, I know.

• Options
    My #2 doesn't have any words yet, so throwing food on the floor was all she could "say" for a while there to indicate she was done.  DH and I have really been fussing at her for doing it, so now she shows us she's done by taking the remaining food and squishing it through her fingers and smearing it on her face, smiling.  Sometimes I think it'd be neater for her to just go back to throwing it on the floor.  Stick out tongue
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I am hoping we don't have any sleep issues but we do have the food throwing. I have no advice- just can relate- and it is annoying. DD also likes to shove the food she does not want into her shirt, shorts, etc.... Yummy :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"