Postpartum Depression
Options

Is this considered PPD? Angry at husband.

Since the baby was born 3 weeks ago my husband and i have been butting heads - ALOT.

We currently live with his parents and there has been alot of disagreements with the baby... 1. The day we came home there was an uncle spending a few days from several states away... while I was basically handicapped his family kept wanting to spend time with the baby while I felt like it was not appropriate to take the baby away from the room I was in so many times my husband kept passing the baby off to his family.

2. Each and every day it's as if his family EXPECTS for us to hand off the baby to them in the afternoon for them to spend time with him. While I feel it is appropriate for them to spend time with the baby... making it a habitual thing is not okay for me. Not that I'm hogging my own baby... but it's my newborn child that I wish to bond with --not pass off to family every day.

Those are the main things I'm concerned about with my husband... i've gotten to the point where i resent him for allowing all of this to happen and not understanding me and why I feel these ways.

I don't have any other issues with anything else--- but my husband---when it comes to the baby.

Is this considered PPD? Any advise is appreciated and please let me know if you feel the same way as me or not. Not sure if i'm overreacting or if I'm just being a MOM!?

Re: Is this considered PPD? Angry at husband.

• Options
    imageJQuin10:

Since the baby was born 3 weeks ago my husband and i have been butting heads - ALOT.

We currently live with his parents and there has been alot of disagreements with the baby... 1. The day we came home there was an uncle spending a few days from several states away... while I was basically handicapped his family kept wanting to spend time with the baby while I felt like it was not appropriate to take the baby away from the room I was in so many times my husband kept passing the baby off to his family.

2. Each and every day it's as if his family EXPECTS for us to hand off the baby to them in the afternoon for them to spend time with him. While I feel it is appropriate for them to spend time with the baby... making it a habitual thing is not okay for me. Not that I'm hogging my own baby... but it's my newborn child that I wish to bond with --not pass off to family every day.

Those are the main things I'm concerned about with my husband... i've gotten to the point where i resent him for allowing all of this to happen and not understanding me and why I feel these ways.

I don't have any other issues with anything else--- but my husband---when it comes to the baby.

Is this considered PPD? Any advise is appreciated and please let me know if you feel the same way as me or not. Not sure if i'm overreacting or if I'm just being a MOM!?

I don't think this is PPD. I was struggling with much of the same and my doctor said we needed to get some councelling as we were not on the same page. My reasons for crying (and being upset when he got laid off) were a normal reaction considering were still full of hormones.

BTW - My DH's famiyl is the same and I set my boundaries very firm with them about how I'm the mother and to ask before picking her up etc. My MIL wanted to pass the baby around a room at 1.5 weeks and I lost it on her.

• Options
    I agree with PP.  This is not PPD.  It's hormones, and being a Mom.  And, I would happen to agree with you.  At 1 month old, we visited family in FL, and my MIL wanted to do the same thing as your MIL.  I promptly took my son, started BFing him in a locked room, and told my DH that his family could kiss my a**.  Luckily, he agreed with me.  I also have a tendency to get a little loud, so they heard me.  His family doesn't like me anyways.  I would try having a sit down with your DH and explain to him why you feel the way you feel.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

you're entire life is upside down.  you're not sleeping, you're hyped up on adrenaline, and you've got this tiny , fragile creature that you have to take care of!  OF COURSE you are going to fight with your husband.  (and, that's ok!) 

that said, sometimes these feelings can be an indicator of a greater mood issue, and you should definitely be vigilant about PPD.  regardless, remember that even though everyone is telling you that this is such a great time in your life, it is OK to be sad and freak out.  and doubt yourself.

but in the end, you will find great friends to share with... 

i promise.  it gets easier.  

s.

www.thecrazybabymama.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"