Preemies

when did your micropreemie walk?

Andrew will be 19 months old (15 1/2 adj) on Friday.

He started army crawling on 12/24/09 and 4-pointed and pulled to stand shortly after.  He has been cruisng for a long time.

He's had 0 interest in walking until this week. He's started to choose to walk behind his Lion Strider now (!!!!)

Now he can walk if he holds one end of a towel and we hold the other end (very very slowly) or if we hold just one of his fingers on on hand.  Just a little balance support.

I hope it's not too much longer!

Re: when did your micropreemie walk?

• Evan was 20months old 16 adjusted. He's by nature a very cautious kid, and could walk with one hand on a wall for a while before he took off on his own. I wouldn't worry too much. Evan's caught up with everything development wise except that he doesn't jump yet at this point.
  • Angelina has started to take some steps by herself for about a month now, but it is usually when she thinks no one is watching of she doesn't realize that she is doing it. I think the max we have seen is about 5 steps at one time. She does great when we hold her hand and she loves to stand and play in her play area. She is 14 months actual, 11 adjusted.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD just started to walk in the week before I delivered DS.  So, she was about 17 mo. old, 14 mo. old (adjusted).   It seemed to happen overnight.  Lemen, it sounds like your little guy is ready to roll any day!  How exciting!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Robbie was 20 months old actual.

He took forever to move at all. He actually didn't even roll over until 18 months actual. Then crawled at 19, and walked at 20. (in about an 8w span.)

FWIW, he's now 26 months old and his physical therapist said last week that she really doesn't think he's going to qualify for services at his next IFSP (September.)

• imageDenesdia:
    DD just started to walk in the week before I delivered DS.  So, she was about 17 mo. old, 14 mo. old (adjusted).   It seemed to happen overnight.  Lemen, it sounds like your little guy is ready to roll any day!  How exciting!

wow and a 25 weeker!!! that is so incredible! :) congrats to your LO :)

• Thanks everyone! I'm not worried but just curious what everyone's experiences were.

Andrew has a very cautious personality so I know he's capable ;)

• This is a great question.  We aren't walking and stick to cruising these days and they are just now 13 months, 10 months adjusted.

• DS wasn't a micropreemie (32 weeker) and he crawled at 14m.actual and walked around 18m.actual  But he has a 29 weeker friend who walked at 15m. actual.  Every kid is so different.  Once DS showed interest in walking, it was just a matter of a few weeks before we considered him a real walker.
  • My 29 weekers started walking around 15 months actual 12.5 adjusted and didn't take them long to get they hang of it which was probably about another I would say by 16 actuall they were true walkers....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"