Postpartum Depression
Options

When do you consider PPD and not just hormones?

I think I may have postpartum depression. Is it to soon to consider this? I keep crying for no reason, become agitated very easily, feel completely alone (but isn't that normal if I take care of DS all day while DH sleeps and all night while DH is at work, by myself?), never want to get out and do stuff... I could go on. I have been explaining a lot of the symptoms away as "normal" but I am getting so upset anymore and feeling like a crappy mom and helpless. I almost yelled at DS for crying all night last night/this morning due to gas and possible A/R. This scares me. He is little and is not doing this on purpose and I know this so wanting to yell at him makes me feel even worse.

Do I call my regular doctor or my OB?

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When do you consider PPD and not just hormones?

• Options

If you think you are being affected by PPD, you  probably are. You are already making a huge step by acknowleding that things don't seem right.

I don't think it matters if you go to your regular doc or your OB, as long as you go talk to someone.

Bad news? It takes time to get better.

Good news? It does get better.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm keeping an eye on this post. I'm almost 2 weeks post partum, and I feel terrible. It comes in waves though, and has been getting better, but I hate these feelings.

Good luck to you, OP. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've read something like the first 20ish days are considered the "Baby Blues" time period - but if you feel like you need help then you need to get it. Call your OB and tell them you think you have it and tell them your symptoms. Just because something is "normal" doesn't mean you need to suffer through it w/o help. Some people need to be on meds from day one. I would just call.

• Options
    imagekochmcdiarts:

I think I may have postpartum depression.  I keep crying for no reason, become agitated very easily, feel completely alone (but isn't that normal if I take care of DS all day while DH sleeps and all night while DH is at work, by myself?), never want to get out and do stuff... I could go on. I have been explaining a lot of the symptoms away as "normal"

WOW!  This is exactly what I felt like when my son was about 7 months old.  Let me start by saying, usually if you find yourself on this board, you usually DO have PPD.  If you think you MAY have PPD, you usually DO have PPD.  That has been my experience.  I kept explaining all of my symptoms away - I miss my son while he is in DC, my DH works all night, I'm home alone with DS all by myself, and feel like a single mom.  The list could go on.  I would cry for no reason almost all day long.  I would pick fights with DH and my Mom.  I never wanted to go out and do things anymore. 

Please, call your PCP or OB.  This can and will get better.  Much, much better.  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"