Baby Showers
Options

Zip code error......ugh

HI Ladies,

I am throwing a shower for one of my dearest friends. I had DH format labels so I wouldn't have to write out all the addresses by hands. Just sent them yesterday.

This morning, I am looking at the second set of labels he printed ( which I was going to give to my friend to use for the thank you cards.) and when I reviewed again all the 5 digit zips that start with zero, the zero was dropped. UGH. Do you think the post office will still deliver? or will I be getting all these back?

( ex..... zip code shows as 2906 vs 02906)

Re: Zip code error......ugh

• Options

It's too bad that you didn't notice the mistake before they were mailed.  I would call the post office first thing tomorrow morning and see if they can track them down, maybe they haven't gone out yet and you can hand write in the zeros.  Then again, maybe they will tell you that it's fine and they will go by the last 4 digits. 

If nothing can be done, I would asume they will come back to you, if you put your return address on them.  I don't know how far ahead you mailed them and if you can wait for them to be returned and then resend them (in new envelopes, with new address labels).  If there's not enough time for that, you may need to purchase new invitations to send out, as you don't want your friends shower to be affected by your error. 

I would call the post office asap when they open to see what your options are.  We all make mistakes.  Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The post office works 7 days/week, so if they were post marked yesterday they are heading where they are supposed to already!  Sometimes they fix the zip code for you, but other times they'll send them back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gotten letters from a couple of older ladies that had NO zip code on the envelope.  Hopefully they will deliver them using just the street number/name and city/state.  GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"