Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Need advice!

Well we are so excited that we found out we are expecting! We have one downside in that we are very good friends with another couple that has been TTC for almost 2 years with no luck so far. I am so afraid to tell them our good news since all the couples around them (brothers, sisters, friends, cousins, etc) have all gotten pregnant if not once than mulitple times! I don't want to add any more bad news to theirs and I also don't want to say anything that might come off badly (I have a bad habit of saying things that sound ok in my head where my husband will say I'm being mean).  I want to be sensitive but I also want to share our good news with all our friends. Part of our dilema is that ALL of us will be attending a wedding in August together and we will have to tell everyone since I won't be partying like usual.  If any of you have any thoughts or suggestions I would really appreciate how to handle this delicate situation! Thanks so much!

Re: Need advice!

• Options
    Tell them! If they are true friends they will be thrilled for you. Maybe this will be a way to help take their mind off of them and focus on you guys. You don't have to be mean but just have them over for dinner and share the news. If they get upset, let them go and get it out. They are not mad at you just upset cause it is hard for them. Good Luck!
  • Options
    I am in this exact situation right now with my cousin whom I'm very close with.  It's best to tell once you know your pregnancy isn't complicated.  That being said, I don't think having them over for dinner is the best idea, only because it may make it harder for them to deal with their sudden emotions. I am going to call my cousin and talk to her, not because it's the easy way out for me, but because it is for HER.  I think something along the lines of, "I know that you've been having a difficult time, and I don't want to make things uncomfortable, so I want to to tell you that we really weren't expecting this so soon, but I went to the doctor and found out that we are expecting."  HTH and GL!
    BFP 07/04/10- Ectopic pregnancy confirmed 07/26/10 Ruptured 07/31/10
    Emergency surgery to remove right tube. 01/21/12 BFP 09/28/12 Our hearts melted when we met our beautiful baby girl!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you can try and tell the couple that has been TTC first in a private manner.   I am sure they are going to have some emotions that go along with hearing the news so give them the opportunity to do that privately.  I am in the same situation with a friend who has been TTC like my DH and I were.  I am going to tell her before I tell the rest of my friends.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"