Preemies

A Little Late, DD Came Home!!!

She came home Wednesday one day shy of 7 weeks. We weren't sure if that was the day because she'd lost 40 grams, but then she gained back 65. She was 3 pounds 10 ounces at birth and is now 5 pounds 13 ounces.

First night was totally sleepless because she kept fussing and crying, but after that she settled back into her NICU routine. Last night she was gassy again, but we still got some sleep. We are working on weening her from the bottle.

We've taken her for walks and to her first pedi appointment and are loving having her here. Everything is so much easier - changing diapers, bathing, clothing, holding - without all the wires and monitors. I love being able to just walk over and pick her up instead of driving somewhere, finding parking, and having to scrub for three minutes first.

I was beginning to think she was going to live in the NICU forever, but she is finally here and I feel like a real parent.

Re: A Little Late, DD Came Home!!!

• Congrats, mama!  Be patient with yourself as you transition to your new non-NICU life.  It will be wonderful.  Enjoy!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats!  It must feel awesome!  Enjoy every minute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome.  Welcome home and congrats :+)
  • Congrats!  Now the fun begins with the toys and all of things that you got for her!  I just felt more like a real parent my baby boy came home-gotta love being sleep deprived--I keep trying to negotiate--but he keeps winning. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"