Baby Showers

gift for my mom

Hi everyone. My mom is throwing my shower, after much protest on my part. I don't believe it should be her responsibility. But she insisted, my cousin and aunt are helping. My mom has done so much for my hubby, little one and I. She has helped us paint the nursery, put together furniture, and she always has a little gift for the baby whenever I go over there. Words, and a gift can't express how thankful I am to have a mother like her. She is my best friend, and I can't imagine how things would be without her. I want to get her something special to give to her either at the shower, or when the baby is born to show my appreciation. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: gift for my mom

• What about a lovely piece of jewelry. Maybe a pendent with your LO's initial, or something engraved.
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • My mom never wants any gifts, but maybe you could just give her a card/letter saying exactly what you said in your post.  But I do like the necklace/pendant idea. redenvelope.com usually has cute jewelry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • qme09qme09 member
    I would do like a book about Mother-daughter relationships, and a handwritten personal letter. Its very sweet of her to help with your shower :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"