TTC after 35
Options

has anyone tried the wheatgrass thing?

how do you do it? pills? in a smoothie? (I imagine it tastes awful!)

how much do you take? at what point in your cycle?

sorry for all the questions... I'm just beginning to explore this. THANKS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: has anyone tried the wheatgrass thing?

• Options

I don't have all of the answers but I was told that wheatgrass can help egg quality.  And the longer you take it, the better the results.  If you go to the SAIF board, some of the ladies will swear by it and others might not.  My thinking is, I want to do whatever it takes.  If wheatgrass will raise my odds even just a little to have a healthy baby, I'll do it.

I take a frozen wheatgrass shot from Whole Foods/Fresh Market.  I am told that it is better than the pill form.  Also if you have a Jamba Juice/Squeeze type place in your area you can always do a fresh shot. 

Yes, it tastes rather bad but Lord knows I have thrown back worse!  Some ladies take a shot and chase it with OJ or some other type of juice.  I just take it straight.

GL to you and if you find out anything more, please post it! 

TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Options

I've been taking wheatgrass once a day since last December.  It tastes bad but you get use to it and I really don't mind it at all now.  I can't seem to find the frozen juice locally so I just use the powdered form you mix with water. 

When I first started seeing an RE last September my fsh was 16.3.   I've had my fsh checked again in February and then again in April and it was under 6 both times.  It didn't approve my egg quality for IVF.  I've since added DHEA and just had blood work done yesterday so I'm anxiously awaiting the results to see if my FSH is still low and if my AMH has gone up.   We are using this as a way to gage whether we will try IVF again or move on to adoption. 

Edit:  I do one teaspoon of wheatgrass with a 4oz glass of water.

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Delta, where in Whole Foods do they keep the frozen wheat grass shots?  I haven't asked anybody there, but keep browsing for them and never find them.   TIA!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    I used the frozen shots from Whole Foods.  (Kiki, they were at the end of one of the frozen isles where I go.... they are in a long green box.  If you buy a whole case, you get 10% off the price)  I take mine with about an ounce of cran/pom juice.  It cuts the grass taste.
  • Options
    thanks, ladies. looks like I have a trip to whole foods in my future...
  • Options

imageshyntrue:
    I used the frozen shots from Whole Foods.  (Kiki, they were at the end of one of the frozen isles where I go.... they are in a long green box.  If you buy a whole case, you get 10% off the price)  I take mine with about an ounce of cran/pom juice.  It cuts the grass taste.

Thanks Laura!  I was always looking in the medicines isle... doh! 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"