Blended Families

Drugging your kids...

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."

Re: Drugging your kids...

• Here's the thing, if (and ONLY if) her Pedi really and truly gave her this advice, how can we condemn her? 

Now if she went LOOKING for permission, that too is another thing.

But if you are at your docs office, worried about your son's sleeping issues (30 min maximums IS something to worry about) and your Pedi says, this is controversial, but maybe trying it at this dosage might help. 

Who is the one in the wrong?  It is not up to a bunch of non-doctors to make that medical decision. 

As for the warning labels, drugs are used Off-Label every day.  I mean, the label says 4 years old, but my Pediatrician and the base allergist has Monkey on Benedryl for her allergies (and has since she was 10mo).  I seriously doubt that I am trying to kill my child, nor should I have social services called on me.   Two Professionals trump MMQs.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never drugged DD to get her to sleep, but I have secretly (and not so secretly sometimes) wished that medicine the pedi prescribed or recommended would make her sleep. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"