Maryland Babies

have you been to these baby stores?

Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg
Buy Buy Baby in Rockville
Lil Lamb Shop in Annapolis

If you've been, how is the baby furniture selection?

I'm looking for a crib and dresser and am not thrilled with BRU, Target, or Walmart's in-store selection. There's stuff I like online, but I'd like to see some of these brands in person. Ragazzi, Westwood, etc. I'm wondering if these stores offer a better in-store selection than BRU. I'd hate to drive all that way to look at the same stuff! TIA

Re: have you been to these baby stores?

• I've been to the Little Lamb Shop in Annapolis.  They seemed to have a decent selection of furniture, but it's not a huge shop, I also wasn't looking for furniture so I didn't pay too much attention to it.  They have tons of cute stuff though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been to BBB and Great Beginnings.  Great Beginnings is huge and has lots of stuff, but its a big trek out there.  BBB is a little closer, but that store is nuts and always crowded, but it is nice to be able to see stuff close up and to test drive lots of strollers.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been to Little Lamb Shop in Annapolis. Liked the store and the salesperson. We bought a few things, but not furniture. It is a boutique shop, so selection is limited and a little more pricey.

Buy Buy Baby in Rockville is great! We bought our crib, dresser, chest, and glider/recliner from there. We bought Westwood Furniture and a Best chair. I absolutely LOVE everything. The salespeople are very helpful and the selection of nursery furniture is amazing! Don't forget to sign up on their website to get coupons. They give you 20% off on furniture, it saved us almost $400!. They also accept Bed Bath & Beyond Coupons, but they cannot be used on furniture nior can they be expired.

Let me know if you have any other questions about BBB...I can go on forever...Love that place!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I haven't been to those, or this one, but I've been planning on going to it soon after we get moved and I can see the nursery a bit more put-together. So just throwing out candidate number four for your search: https://comfortfirst.com/t-showroom.aspx

I really have been trying to go see this store, but their hours are a bit restrictive, IMO, DH and I are rarely able to go in one of the times they're open. GL! 

• I have actually been and bought stuff at all three, and looked at all three for furniture.

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT GREAT BEGINNINGS. It has such a wide selection of everything including furniture. They have over 100 cribs on sight for you to view and then can order anything. I highly recommend trying to work with Joe when you go - he helped us out, and was soo knowledgable and didn't try and upsell us into the more expensive items. He told us how to save 20% on our furniture and waived any possible restocking fees (as we aren't sure if our furniture will fit up the stairs in our rowhome). Hint - join the DC urban mom and dad's listserve and you can save 20% on everything at Great beginnings. I also recommend the registry tour they offer with Joe - we had it with someone else at the store and thought he was good, but not as enthusiastic. Warning: Ragazzi furniture takes the longest of any brand I've seen, so expect 14-16 weeks fo delivery they told me

Little lamb shop is great - its where we bought our bedding. They have about 8-10 cribs in the store - but can order any of the lines that they carry. The least expensive one I saw there was $600 - so just make sure you are willing to spend at least that much. Also, they quote at least 14 weeks minimum for ALL of their furniture, sometimes up to 20.

BBB I found to have a good selection of everything but was an absolute mad house when I went on a Sunday, so if you go, I would recommend during the day or maybe in the evening. They also have a wonderful registry tour.

Hope this helps!

• Great Beginnings is HUGE but the staff makes it easy to get through. We bought our furniture there and had a great experience. The sales person told us the pros and cons of each brand so we could decide what was important or not important. The little things at Great Begnnings are a little more expensive (I wouldn't buy clothes there for example).

Buy Buy Baby is owned by Bed Bath and Beyond. This is a good store for furniture but not nearly as much as Great Beginnings. This place is great for other stuff though - toys, diaper bags, strollers, pack and plays etc. Prices are fair and you can get on their mailing list and get coupons. Plus, you can use non expired Bed Bath and Beyond coupons!

• Buy Buy Baby is pretty good but yes, a madhouse on a weekend!  I liked it better than BRU and the staff are so great at answering any questions you have.

Eh, I was not a fan of Great Beginnings....I had pretty high expectations going in but I felt let down.  I thought the staff was rude, no one really helped us.  I really thought we would find our crib there but nothing stuck out to us and I thought the prices were way too high for baby furniture that will be battered and bit on down the road.  I did enjoy test driving their selection of strollers though and that is what sold us on the Baby Jogger City Mini.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"