St. Louis Babies
Options

suggestions for daycare in O'Fallon/Dardenne Prairie

Hello everyone!  We are currently using a daycare that has been below our expectations to put it nicely. I have a baby with reflux and colic (although hopefully at 17 weeks now he is on the way out of the colic).  The current caregiver discusses with me daily issues she thinks may be wrong with him and causing his fussiness-and basically is making me second guess myself. She has commented that she doesn't have time to deal with him and it does seem like most of the babies there are either in bouncy seats or swings and are perfectly content. I feel like she is blaming me that he is fussy!  We have had him checked out by our pediatrician and she just rolls her eyes and says he is fine, but just a tough baby right now. Isn't a daycare provider supposed to be good with babies?  Anyway, wondering if anyone out there knows of someone that is available as I really do need to work, but am so upset lately leaving him with the current place that I wonder if it's worth being financially strapped to quit and stay home with him.  He is a sweet baby most of the day, just really has some terrible fussy periods.  We have checked out the Goddard School and are contemplating taking him there. But it is quite pricey.  Unfortunately we haven't lived in the area long enough to know anyone with a home daycare or someone who maybe could give him a little extra attention.  Anyway-any help is appreciated. I just cry sometimes at night after picking him up from daycare and being berated by this woman. And yes, I've thought about speaking with the director-but don't want them to be mean to him or kick him out as we really don't have other options right now.

Re: suggestions for daycare in O'Fallon/Dardenne Prairie

• Options
    Are there any other parents you work with who could recommend a daycare? Or a neighbor? My baby is not due until the end of December, and when I go back to work my dad is going to watch it. Most of the women I work with send their kids to an in home daycare. There are so many daycares around it does seem like it would be hard to tell if they are a good fit with your child or not until you try them out. 
  • Options

My oldest has gone to ABC daycare and learning off of Technology drive at highway N and 40 since she was nine weeks old, we love them.  They've been great with her. 

They also have a center in O'Fallon off of highway K.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know which Goddard School you are looking into, but we attend the one in St. Peters and it is worth every single penny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We actually did enroll my son at the Goddard/O'Fallon. I am glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with the other location. We definitely can't wait to get him out of the current place. Upon touring the Goddard, my husband & I were both impressed with the professionalism and although it is pricey, we do think we made the right decision. He will start at Goddard on 8/2 as that was the first opening and we've been on the waiting list. It's been quite difficult to take him to the other place, so glad we don't have many days left there.  At least he is only 5 months old and hopefully this move to the Goddard will be beneficial for our family & for my son's well-being.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"