Potty Training

Bathroom preference?

We have 3 bathrooms in our house and DD will pee in any of them but if she has to poop she wants to go to my bathroom. She will walk past 2 other perfectly good toilets to get to the master bathroom. The toilets are all exactly the same and she will sit on them with or without the toilet ring. It's not a big deal...I am just happy she is pooping in the potty but I just can't figure out why she will only poop in our bathroom. She also will not go when we are out in public. Anyone else's child show a preference like that?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Bathroom preference?

• *LrCg**LrCg* member
    We have 3 bathrooms as well and our master in on the 1st floor.  DS use to run past the 1/2 bath into our master all the time.  Then we recently started having him brush his teeth and bathe in his bathroom and guess what- that's where he wants to potty so we climb 17 stairs to use the potty!!  We tease that he's like a dog because he has to spread his pee to all the bathrooms.  We just go with it and laugh.  DS does poop and pee in public restrooms.  Perhaps get one of those collaspable potty rings and put in her bathroom of choice and that way when your out in public its the same ring (Walmart sells the collaspable rings- they're pretty nice and fold up pretty small). 
  • Maybe he likes the privacy that the furthest away toilet offers? Eh, what do I know, my kid apparently likes to poop in the bathroom in front of the toilet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"