Baby Showers

Large Shower games

I just found out I need to  come up with some games for by firends baby shower which is Sunday. The mom to be's sister (one hosting the party) is in the hospital, with an unknown illness. It is a surprise party, though the mom to be as pretty much fiqured it out as she is due in 4 weeks, so weekends are limited. Don't know an exact head count, just that 75 people were invited. Based on remembering my firends bridal shower, it will be mostly family, and they arn't big into games. So I need something I could do with alot of people and would be fun.... Any Suggestion THANKS

Re: Large Shower games

• Honestly, w/75 people I'd opt out of shower games.  Even introductions will take forever and be incredibly boring.

Have an "activity" instead -- a baby book for people to sign, onesies to decorate, etc -- something low maintenance that you don't have to participate in if you don't want to.   

• Nix the organized group games with that many people, especially if they are not into them.  Do what pp said and have them sign a favorite children's book for the mom to mom to be, decorate onesies with fabric pens, sign a mat for a frame for the nursery, or do quick games like guess the amount of jelly beans in the bottle.  At my friend's shower we put together a basket of random baby items and had people guess the cost (burp cloths, teethers, links, etc) and the person closest won.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Games / activites aren't necessary.  I'm personally not a fan.  However, if it is something that you want incorporated, how about a baby bingo, where everyone plays at the same time.  Or guess how big mommy's belly is (pass a stool of ribbon at each table and have the guests cut the ribbon the size they think the belly is) - closest to actual wins.  And depending on centerpieces, if they are "take aways" place a sticker under one chair at each table, and whomever sits at that chair takes centerpiece.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageK.a.T.e:

Honestly, w/75 people I'd opt out of shower games.  Even introductions will take forever and be incredibly boring.

Have an "activity" instead -- a baby book for people to sign, onesies to decorate, etc -- something low maintenance that you don't have to participate in if you don't want to.   

I totally agree with this. Nix the games and just opt for an activity or 2. The onsies are a pretty good idea. I'm helping a friend plan her shower and this is 1 activity that I plan to have her guests do. Since she's having about 50 ppl, we plan to skip the introductions. But, instead I found some cute nametags that match her theme that i plan to print up. So, everyone will know who is who.

Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • I'm hosting a shower with 50-60 guests. In lieu of traditional games, I'm just going to have an egg timer set to go off about every two minutes while the mom-to-be is opening gifts, and the person whose gift she is unwrapping when the timer goes off (or the one right after if she's between gifts) will win a prize. That way, everyone will sort of have a reason to pay attention, and it's not super time consuming. I'll have someone else taking the gift notes, so the timer can be re-set quickly and not cause lags.

I'm also contemplating putting jelly beans in a jar and having people guess how many. I'll just have them all write down a number at the end of gift opening and the closest guess will win.

I haven't decided on prizes yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"